Compatible Trannies

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

My syncros are going in 2nd and 5th. My girlfriend's uncle must have driven the crap out of it before she got it.

I think when I swap I'll try to get the mx-6 transmission, unless I can't find one cheap, then I'll get one from a Probe.
Cody
illapino

Post by illapino »

Steeb wrote:its not necessary, most people with klze use the mx3/pgt transmission cuz it fits fine. u can get the mx6/626 mtx if u like it will give you longer gear ratios. the ze is actually very fun with the mx3/pgt gear ratios.
but which combination delivers more torque and hp? mx6 tranny with klze, or mx3 tranny with klze? which has more mazdaspeed
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Neither ..
the longer gears will give you better gas mileage @ the top end, yet take longer to accelerate.

The shorter gears will be faster, but less top end, and less gas mileage.

Id prefer an mx-6 tranny, over the mx3/pgt one, just because of gas mileage.

Its not faster.. nor slower... just gear ratios.
The mx-3 one would probably launch faster and get up to 5th faster, but by the time the mx-6 tranny got through the gears youd be @ the same pace if the cars/driver were identical and just the trannis were different
illapino

Post by illapino »

i might as well rebuild my existing k8 transaxle then
but first, i should replace all of the shift linkage and extension rod bushings before considering major transmission work ...
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”