KL-DE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Macen

Post by Macen »

mmmx3 wrote:so KL-DE is the motor from ford prode? (US version?)

and KL-ZE is the JDM with 200hp?

what is the stock V6 1.8 called? Smile

Nate,
I have no recent plan to swap any engine since my K8 is only 100K plus and working pretty strong.
You answered on your own question.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
mmmx3

Post by mmmx3 »

I knew. This was after I read few more posts here and then I figured it out. I recalled that when I took my airbox out and I saw the "K8" power sticker on the box and so I think mine's K8....
ken
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

Hehe, FWIW, I've gotten 2 DEs for free, 1 from a guy who was putting a ZE in his Mx6, another from a Probe. If you bum around with the Probe/Mx6 guys for a while, you might be able to find the same deal. I've had a few others that were available to me that I declined to get, simply because I've got four engines in my garage as it is. Also, sometimes people that have had there car rearended or something, the engine is fine but the car can be had for a few hundred bucks, sold as a "parts car." I've seen a number of those around. IDK, just a thought, might work for you too. Good luck!
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”