Beware stainless brake lines..

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

franko-

glad you are okay. that's some scary s**t. you already had one incident in your car in '05, i pray you never, ever have another.

best wishes.
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Ok.. apparently the lines are corksport brand and not the goodridge ones. Im pretty sure the goodridge ones are signifigantly better quality then the corksport brand.

Well they sent me an email allready but havent said what they are going to do for me. They said that they have never seen it happen before. So ill have to see what happens.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

franko what are you doing braking shiz man.
CorkSport

Post by CorkSport »

Frank- in your email to me you stated that you purchased the part several months ago. Yes I was slow to respond to your email, my apologies for being new to the organization, but I have sent you several emailing requesting information over the last couple of days.

By no means do I want unsatisfactory products out on people’s cars and I’m more than willing to replace the brake line either via an exchange or return. I would just like a response to my email to you, not to have to find your dissatisfaction on a forum. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me. Thanks!
Kelly
Business Development/Customer Service
CorkSport
http://www.corksport.com for all your Mazda needs.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Im sure you would be upset also if the new brake lines you just purchased failed and caused you to not be able to stop for a red light. Thank god it was the middle of the night or I could have been seriously injured.

I bought these around christmas time but didnt put them on the car until recently because the car was in storage.

I sent you an email about this on the 14th and you didnt reply until the 21st.. You took so long I just assumed you werent going to reply to me so I decided to tell people what happened.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

well its also a good thing you posted this, this is a mx3 part, if there was more than one faulty brakeline caused by manufacturing problems, i would like to know cuz as i said this is a mx3 forum and i dont want to die.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

mazdamx3sohc wrote:well its also a good thing you posted this, this is a mx3 part, if there was more than one faulty brakeline caused by manufacturing problems, i would like to know cuz as i said this is a mx3 forum and i dont want to die.
Anything manmade is prone to failure.....as we are only human. I dont think anyone wants to die......unless you have a deathwish..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

What I would like to know if how they were installed? I know a lot of guys that make serious bends with them, and or don't have them aimed right and the rim pinches them and brakes. There are countless guys on here that have broken their SS lines cause they didn't install them right. But ya man, give CS some time. They have been going through employee's and are just finally starting to get started back up I guess...
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I would just like a response to my email to you, not to have to find your dissatisfaction on a forum.
No offense here.. but I am with Franko on this one.. if you take a week to respond to an e-mail.. you have no right to come onto a Forum and complain that someone posted a negative response about your company's products. Even worse.. the fact that you seem more concerned with him posting here rather than with Franko's safety or even condition of his car as a result of the defective part indicates to me at least, that what you are most concerned about is your company's reputation rather than your customers. I wont speak for anyone else here.. but my opinion is decided.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

What ever ^^^

i have had my CS lines on my car for over 2 years, and have had absolutly no problems with them at all, and the lines arnt DOT approved, But they do meet DOT standards, and CS doesent make them in house. iv been around cars for a long a-- time, and to me it looks like it was warn threw as it had to have been rubbing on something to get cut like that, thats why they are braded, the brades havent been pulled out they have been warn threw. it my have been a defective part, but could have, possably, been installation. i wouldent say it was a normal defect by any means, it doesent look as if it just blew out the side. it was definatly rubbing up agains something. did you have your clip in place? when you installed them did you let you caliper hang with the line attached?

all in all glad your OK, and no one was hurt. but you guys also have to understand, CS gets hundreds of emails a day, so it takes awile to go threw them all. i have waited more than a week for a reply before. Why didnt you just pick up the phone, seems that if you were that upset about it you would have just called them, i know i would have. i talk to CS almost weekly so i deal with them alot, and Email is definatly not the fastest way to get a response, ever.

just my 2cents
i dont mean to piss anyone off or offend anyone so please dont take it as so.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

What ever^^^ <--- post this and then add a disclaimer at the end of your post that you arent trying to piss anyone off? Ditto.. What ever.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I'd be pissed. Just cause it's a brake line!!!!

I've been there - hit the brakes in my corsica (old car, two months after a full brake job), Two of the lines burst at the front wheels and I almost rear end 18 wheeler!!! I brought it back to the shop where the parts came from, and had them look at it and pay for another shop to fix it
Could have brought my lawyer into it - safety is safety, have enough deaths on the road, without faulty products
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Josh wrote:What ever ^^^

i have had my CS lines on my car for over 2 years, and have had absolutly no problems with them at all, and the lines arnt DOT approved, But they do meet DOT standards, and CS doesent make them in house. iv been around cars for a long a-- time, and to me it looks like it was warn threw as it had to have been rubbing on something to get cut like that, thats why they are braded, the brades havent been pulled out they have been warn threw. it my have been a defective part, but could have, possably, been installation. i wouldent say it was a normal defect by any means, it doesent look as if it just blew out the side. it was definatly rubbing up agains something. did you have your clip in place? when you installed them did you let you caliper hang with the line attached?

all in all glad your OK, and no one was hurt. but you guys also have to understand, CS gets hundreds of emails a day, so it takes awile to go threw them all. i have waited more than a week for a reply before. Why didnt you just pick up the phone, seems that if you were that upset about it you would have just called them, i know i would have. i talk to CS almost weekly so i deal with them alot, and Email is definatly not the fastest way to get a response, ever.

just my 2cents
i dont mean to piss anyone off or offend anyone so please dont take it as so.
But picking up the phone is soooooo hard!!!! 360-260-2675 Im with you Josh..I email derrick once or twice a week and i KNOW that derrick will get to me when he can. It takes a few days...but they respond. If I have something pressing I call.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Tunes67 wrote:What ever^^^ <--- post this and then add a disclaimer at the end of your post that you arent trying to piss anyone off? Ditto.. What ever.

Tunes67
Hahahahha you darn washingtonians are sooo crabby!! hahahahaha j/k.... or am i?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Stainless lines are not DOT approved in Canada.
Many motorcycles come from the factory with SS teflon lines. There's a number of after market companies like Earls, Aeroquip and Goodridge that make oem replacement SS Teflon lines that are DOT approved. MX3 Goodridge lines are, or at least mine were. Local Mazda would not be allowed to install them without having those certifications. They're DOT, TUV and a few other ratings.
Packaged like this;
Image Image
http://www.goodridge.co.uk/buy-mazda-go ... -hoses.htm http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.j ... keline+Kit "By conforming to all requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Number 106, Goodridge G-Stop High Performance Brakelines are U.S. Department of Transportation certified and T.U.V. approved. All Goodridge G-Stop High Performance Brakelines go through a 9-point Quality Assurance testing process that includes measuring tensile strength and the ability to contain line pressure to 3,000 pounds per square inch."
http://www.importrp.com/product.php?pro ... t=0&page=1
Franko, judging by the pic, it may be because there was an extraordinary bend or kink to it when it was installed. Then when the suspension moves through it's complete range of travel, there could have been undue stress on the lines. A forgiving amount of linee must be left to compensate for the suspension travel distances. I've been using the same teflon braided lines I made over 17 years ago on my Ducati and show no signs of wear or fatigue whatsoever. Mind you, I had to make allowances for front and rear suspension travel so that the lines would never be pulled or tugged on when the suspension hit it's max travel distance in both directions.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”