A weekend with the cops....

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

um yeah thats when we were victimized of a crime it took police over 2 hrs to get there.... they see me just because i am mexican in the street and pull me over... hmm yeah nice cops... therea re some good ones and bad ones just as there is regular people.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Wow, this topic is a interesting read. I don't get pulled over much at all, but, when I do, I don't say much to them and I have all the required documents they need, in hand, before he/she gets to my car. I have the drivers side window down, ignition off and both hands on the steering wheel. I have never had a single problem with a officer of the law, but a lot of my freinds have throughout the years. I simply don't trust police. I respect their position that they hold in society as officers of the law... but respect and trust are 2 different things.
Saucy and you other guys, it really sucks to have read all that you men have went through and I can only hope that it will cease.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

My experiences with cops...lol

- being charged for offensive weapons (for having a $30 ebay tazer in 4 pieces in my car, it was horribly smashed up)

- being charged for underage drinking (you might want to know the full story on this one) Let's just say...i didn't get a sobriety test...I didn't get any sort of test at all... then they let me drive a 15 yr old home from the scene. Yes they literally told me i was geting charged with drinking...i said...well this girl needs a ride home...they said they would stay there until i got back (a party was being busted) so I went dropped her off at home...came back and picked up my underage no test drinking fine.

- being charged with harrassment/disordly conduct (I was in a yelling match with a guy that had pushed my girlfriend (can you believe that?) and a girlfriend of that guy who was 15 ft away while we were yelling (no physical whatsoever) ended up charging me with the two above mentioned)

- being charged with fleeing and evading....(can't say much....they got me)

PS

For everyone that gets pulled over....lol start making friends with one cop in your town or a town you frequent....I've gotten out of many of things for having a cops number in my cell phone and calling the cop as the cop pulling me over is walking up to my car. I say "Excuse me officer, I'll be off the phone in a minute...I'm talking to Detective Schmidt" lol...they get a wierd look on their face....most of the time end up with a warning :)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Juans_93_MX3

Re: A weekend with the cops....

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:Ok.. for some reaosn mx3 attracts cops.. we were driving and for NO reason a cop busted a u turn.. turned the lights on me..i pulled over..then he just turned them off and made a turn.. ok... went to a bazaar a cop was following us around for NO reason... Now after that with my luck I was going to work and yeah speeding.. ugh i hate doing that but anywho my speedo does not work.. was doing 92 on a 55 OUCH... so he pulls me over.. gets me for supposebly no seatbelt BUT does not take me to jail... phewww so now i went to court and got it dissmissed with a drivers course HOWEVER... BE warned..some states 2 speeding tickets is a felony.. yup ... so no speeding and i gotta fix my speedo... not speeding saves so much gas lol around 30 mph after the ticket. We all gotta learn our lesson. Im glad I didnt cause any accidents. From nopw own im going to stop being foolish and rather be late than never get there at all because i caused a wreck. Just wanted to share.
I was going to say STOP SPEEDING a--hole but then I recognized your screen name.
fix your speedo
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

most cops dont care if they give you a ticket or not, unless your going like 20 over. in fact most decide if they will give you one before they stop talking to you. being polite and friendly is your number 1 way to get out of a ticket. Talking your way out of a ticket is useually the worst thing you can do, an officer is more likely to give you a ticket if you try to make excuses than if you just admit you were going to fast.

that being said, i do notice police pull me over or eye me more than my old car, i think just because you dont see very many. most mx-3 are red and not very common car, so an officer sitting watching a thousand cars a day, one red MX-3 stands out of the crowd. i did have one cop pull me over for going 5 over to check out the car, asked me what i was planning to do with it! then said thanks for showing him and let me off!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”