a few klze swap questions.. pics added!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Macen

Post by Macen »

I don't think the Purge Solenoid Valve has to do with the EGR. I think the purpose of that valce is to purge vapors from the charcoal canister. Plese correct me if I'm wrong. But if you look at the diagram you can see that the hose goes from the canister.
I'm not 100% sure that the one you got on the pic is the Purge Solenoid Valve though.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

ok i think i got it, it goes to the vacuume slot in the IM and then to the canister..

what about the vaucume line that come from the power stering area and went to the left intake runner on the k8 mani where do i put him?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Macen wrote:I don't think the Purge Solenoid Valve has to do with the EGR. I think the purpose of that valce is to purge vapors from the charcoal canister. Plese correct me if I'm wrong. But if you look at the diagram you can see that the hose goes from the canister.
I'm not 100% sure that the one you got on the pic is the Purge Solenoid Valve though.
I could of sworn that the PSV was part of the EGR system, at least I'm really sure that's what my mechanic said, and why we pulled the vacuum hose off of it, cause it's useless without the EGR
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Matt

Post by Matt »

there is no EGR valve but best option is to find someone with the same motor you had before and just glance at it or snap pics

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”