Turbo + Vacuum

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I dont have a 4 banger so im not sure, but it looks to be the PCV valve, the check valve might be in where it connects to the valvecover(not in the hose itself) Thats how it is with us v6's. If thats even a pcv . Not sure becasue as far as i know the PCV is supposed to be connected behind the TB to get Vacume. where was it before the CAI?

What ever it is, fi theres no check valve you need to put one in for BOOST or disconnect it and have a breather.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

that is not the pvc valve

here is a pic from before the CAI and you can see the pcv valve to the left of the pic.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Ok its the other half , thats the same thing i was talking about in the post before. But we v6's have TWO lines for two banks. the PCV draws air out and that line draws air IN to keep it circulateing. If you become boosted, just put breather on that one.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

but then wouldent i be presurizing the head and oil lines and crank case and such if i turbo'd?

Bochek
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

you put a breather on it . it wont be connected to the intake in a boost situation.

Bochek

Post by Bochek »

ok sounds sweet to me.

Bochek
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Bochek wrote:ok sounds sweet to me.

Bochek
Yup if working correctly the PCV valve will stop the boost from getting in when you are boosting, but when you are just in negative pressrue it will work liek normal. And boost wont get in the other said cause it will be sucking air from atmophsere..not intake.

nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

what car/year in the US has a GTX engine that I can get the correct pcv for?

I have added a pool check valve in the break line, but the brakes still feel a lil mushy. No smell anymore when boosting so the valve is working but how would i know if the brake diaphragm is bad?

Thanks
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
Cy

Post by Cy »

fom what i know of reading over the vaccume line schematics...

that's the fresh air line for you vaccume system..which also has a slight effect on the FPR..If you suck on it you'll rich up till the motor dies...

Return to “Forced Induction”