Who has more HorsePower?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i know just last nite i beat ze mx3's(no offense guys) i was getting a 14.7 for my firast time and is capable of 14.5. now i know the ze mx3's are capable of at least a 15 with traction but im saying i do not beleive he beat talon awd with a 1.8.. awd launches own u
Last edited by fieromx3 on May 6th, 2006, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

mxmaz wrote:
PATDIESEL wrote:I took Civic SIs with 160 HP and less weight all day, I could take a AWD turbo Talon until about 1/4 mile. (enough for me to get a car legnth ahead and then quit), Mustangs with V8s, 280Zs (turbo or non), Miatas (well old guys just cannot change gears that fast over their bellies, but hey) and tons of other crap.
quote]

BS!!! Stock turbo talons should keep up with ze mx-3's driver skill being equal. Civic si's stock are very capable of low 15's which is a hell of a lot faster then a k8 mx-3. Onley way you are beating those guys is if they werent really racing you, or they missed a shift of something.
Or, if they just didnt know how to race... Even then I find it hard to believe.

A GS MX3 will pnly run 16.8, but I wonder what times it would run with 350lbs stripped?
The only way I believe him is if he put exhaust, CAI, lighter flywheel, U/D pulleys, no A/C and -350lbs.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

fieromx3 wrote:i know just last nite i beat ze mx3's(no offense guys) i was getting a 14.7 for my firast time and is capable of 14.5. now i know the ze mx3's are capable of at least a 15 with traction but im saying i do not beleive he beat talon awd with a 1.8..
I agree
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

I don't know what you guys are talking about... Back when I had my k8 I beat a s--- load of people. It's NOT a fast car stock, but it's NOT AS SLOW as a lot of others (most Civics and Eclipses) Maybe like Patdiesel said, you guys need to learn how to drive better or something... Stop giving the MX3 a bad name :P
GS-R SE
Fixin's
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I see we have a couple of self proclaimed Andretti's here. Post up your racing vids then..(at the track of course)
Last edited by mxmaz on May 6th, 2006, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

the mx3 sucks period.. you need an engine swap to keep up. :/ stop pretending like its fast. It looks sexy as hell!!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Well sucky balls to the lot of you, kate would whip all you asses
even if i had a 3 second wait on the tree, the Jport would'nt get out
of the hole quick but have one hell of a top end drive reving out to
12,000rpm in forth crossing the line at 12.3

for your info kate has cut a best of 9.0 flat.

some peaple on this board need to grow up and realise
that some of us have been racing for years and quite honest
i get sick and tired of reading some crap posts.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

fieromx3 wrote:i know just last nite i beat ze mx3's(no offense guys) i was getting a 14.7 for my firast time and is capable of 14.5. now i know the ze mx3's are capable of at least a 15 with traction but im saying i do not beleive he beat talon awd with a 1.8.. awd launches own u
You are aware that if I was racing you in a front wheel drive turbo talon as long as I was a little better at driving than you and I didn't spin at take off I would beat you for the fact that I was a little lighter. What it all boils down to is as long as I am a better driver than you and your not a great deal more powerful than me I could still beat you. Not to pick on you in particular more of just an example. And also I don't believe Pat would have any reason to lie about his past victories. I have talked to him quite a bit and he seems like a pretty straight forward guy to me.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh and fiero is talking about his talon not the mx3..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

1989 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 7.2 15.8
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T 7.4 15.9
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.9 15.2
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 7.0 15.3
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.8 15.2
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 9.0 16.6
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T 6.4 15.0
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.4 14.9
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 7.0 15.4
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 15.6

All I have to say is KLZE!!!!!! A 95 GSX might get my attention for a split second! He better not grany shift though

Question of the day....Did Paul Walker really have to drive an eclipse
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

and does paul walker actully dress himself?

Call the fashion police someone!
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

hgallegos915 wrote:oh and fiero is talking about his talon not the mx3..
Yea thats what I was talking about.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”