What happened to the money racing post?TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

look...Here are the rules. Either abide by them or go away. People DIE when idiots like you go out at 3am at some boonieville road and hit some kid where it takes 3 hours to get there with a ambulance. I have had friends DIE when some A hole hits their car doing 100 plus because they are driving like idiots on the street. Period. The rules of the board on THIS topic will NEVER change. Jeff, Barry and myself.....along with the other moderators will uphold this rule. PLEASE take your cooooool street racing stories....and go elsewhere...
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

2.5mazda wrote:then I dont want you guys bringing to my attention your wins at the strip. end of story.
Well then you don't have to read them, but the problem is that this section is specifically for those stories.

Personally, I'm not too fond about not being able to have street racing stories, especially when ALOT of other sites have sections specifically for that. Now, I don't street race, not a big fan of it, and with my luck, it's get caught first time, but I really like hearing the stories. I will admit, I'm guilty of playing around with people, put them in their place if i have to, but definitely not organized underground events. The problem is also liability. With all the issues with street racing and cops cracking down on it, they do go as far as read bulletin boards for information on events to crack down on, as well a possibly convict street racers who got away and brag about it. Jeff, the owner, as well as the admins and mods do not want to get involved. They could go as far as holding them responsible for having a site that organizes illegal activities, espcially if a death is involved. As well, it could give Mx-3 owners a bad rep.

In the end, do I agree with that rule...no, but do I blame them for enstating and enforcing it, no, not at all. If you want to post racing stories, go to places like http://www.modifiedmazda.com and such, but if you want to stay here, thats one rule you need to follow...
2.5mazda wrote:Its a fact of life and it is a HUGE part of the import world.
2.5mazda wrote:Its part of the sport, and so am I, why shouldnt we be able to discuss it?
Not at all, it's the organized events, track days, drag strips, Autocross and SOLOI, even drifting events are all part of the world of tuning and imports. The underground scene may of been around longer than I've been alive, but now there are sanctioned events and places. The only reason why underground racing exists is cause stupid kids have something to prove, and care more about "respect" and making money then tuning and racing. If you truely cared, you'd be more interested in competing against others and the clock, trying to constanly improve your driving and your car, not trying to make money off some punk kids. As well, true enthousiasts care enough about their cars not to risk them in uncontrolled, high-risk environments.
2.5mazda wrote:YOU dont tell me to get in line, ou have no higher standing here than me.
They have the absolute right. They own and run the site, they can set and enforce whatever rules they want. But your lack of respect for authority, on the road and on this UBB, truely shows what kind of kid you are.
2.5mazda wrote:Now, If I ever see young children on the side of the highway 20 miles outside of town at 3:00am I will let you know
I saw a guy sitting up in the fast lane one time last year, the weirest thing I've ever seen. I was glad I was in the middle lane. You never know what you'll see or what will happen. It happened so fast and was unexpected, I would of easilly hit him, and I was doing legal speeds.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

LOL children at 3 am? HAHA what about mothers and fatehrss working the late night?? hmm how about those of us that are on our way to work? LOL b asically like they said..you dont like the rules? get out :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I didnt say I didnt like them, I am questioning the reasoning behind it is all. Unless there is no reason for it, then no one should have a problem with me asking for one. :wink:
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

If you read the replies in this thread, you should see more then enought reasons for me making the rules. I beleive Nd4SpdSe stated it very clearly.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

Yes indeed, however there was no need for most everyone to get an attitude over me questioning somthing.... :roll:
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

So it looks like we've settled the issue then.

You have now realized Street Racing is not allowed on this Forum.
You have received yoru explanation.

Thread Closed.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”