Thinking of doing a motor swap an want your help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

coo. so limegreen how are you?
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

I am sorry lol I had to comment on this. Why do I feel like I am listening to a stupid too fast too furious conversaition here.

The BP is not faster than the KLZE seeing that the KLZE has 210 HP and the BP has somewheres above 110 HP. The BPT is somewheres in the 160 HP range and still not faster than the KLZE. The only BPT that ranges the KLZEs power range is the BPT from the GTR that has a whopping 210 HP. Now don't go racing the KLZE from a dig due to waiting for your turbo to spool up which it should spool up pretty early because of the small turbo but still. There is a lot of information out there and it isn't hard to find.

If you have a 4 cylinder it is better off you stick with the BPT cause you can use the stock harness if you cut and extend it. You still need to get a protege LX tranny and axles and mounts and ECU.

The 6 cylinder will require a KLZE wiring harness and ECU. You CAN NOT use the 4 cylinder wiring harness. You also need a tranny from any K series engine plus axles.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Sorry mazdamx3sohc,

The B6 with a single overhead cam is very slow. Even my stock motor feels like the slowest thing in the world and I have a B6 with dual overhead cams. :lol: Seems like you need a ride with one of the big boys like my friend with a '01 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 with no cats and an SLP ram air box. That thing is pushing in the high 350 HP range and throw me in the seat on the go. I also had a ride in a late '80s Mustang that was supercharged and I couldn't move cause it was making over 500 HP
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

im sorry too, i dont like the stupid b6....
i like bp's(125). i have a 4 cyl. therefore i can reuse my tranny and all on the new bp, klze will take everything, axles mounts tranny clutch ecu the works.... i am gunna turbo my bp with a good new turbo so why waste it on the bp-t(225hp)
also klze is 163

peace.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

just get a jdm pbt. the engine will cost you 999usd at http://www.enginedepot.com . I just bought a BPT from a GTR from them. And you might want to consider Protege LX tranny and axles.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

cool.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

stick with the BP-DE 1.8 dohc and the b6 sohc is not as slow as u thing they are in N/A form i mange to pull a 16.99 before that my best times from 17.2 avg. 17.5. Of couse ric and racingmazda got a 14 sec out the 1.6 sohc of course turbocharge. i stay away from V6 anything madza made they are a pain in the a-- do work with ever tried changing a valve cover on a K8 or KL so much to remove for something so simple. i know i work at a mazda shop i hate V6. don't get me wrong they make power & rgood just pain to work with (enginebay). and i love the small power increse i got from swaping the N/A BP but in due time from now am going Turbo charge. Hell i beat my friends Base Model 03 RSX not the type S. i kick his a--. in my opinion a BP powered N/A MX-3 is not that slow. and i think the us bpt are 180 correct me if am wrong.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

nicely put, im actually going bp in a few months. driving from florida to the tip of vermont, lol. im doing this at my buddy richies house (im-rich is his mx-3.com name) its gunna be TIEEGHT.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Sorry I have to say yes the B6 single overhead cam is slow still lol, if it ain't 13 seconds or lower its slow, the 323 GTX....... awsomely amazing in it's time. The engine I just got..... GTR BPT AWSOME. lol. I am a proud owner... now if I can get it in my damn car.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

try saying that to ric at racing mazda he got a low 14's out of a turbo charge sohc mx-3. of couse he never tried to get the most out of it but the engine still laying around in the shop. if it only had a standalone instead of the piggyback how know what it could have done. u don't exactly have a orginal 323 gtx like i do so even if it is not up an running i do have the resoures to bring the beast alive. SO Quit dogging the B6 sohc please.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

I am thinking later on weseco 9:1 pistond with carillo rods and a built top end and ARP head studs and main bearing studs.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

sound like a good way to go
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

yea

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”