Millenia Vs. J-spec KL-ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Not bad if your picking it up.

I think suns engines sells them for 900+ship. But its ~1200 shipped I think.
JYOUNYA1

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

Here's the delima....I went to a junk yard today, and was looking for MX-3 parts, and what did I walk by, a 1996 Mazda Millenia with I think is a KLDE...it definitely isnt a K8 with with a smooth looking IM(and form what I understand MX-3 "only" rocks the K8)...but i asked the guy how much he wanted for it...and he said $168, which includes a 30 day warranty...on the side note...the engine has been sitting in the sun and is very dirty...someone already got the transmission, in which I am not gonna miss...i have a MX-6 5-speed tranny on my MX-3...I know I would have to take this thing apart and give it a good cleaning...problem with that is that I live in a townhome and there is no where to even store that big thing...any suggestions????

here are pics I took with my phone:

93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Buy that!!! The Intake manifold ALONE is worth that much.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Pay him the $168 for it, then save up some cash and buy a KLZE and throw that manifold on the ZE, then part that DE out over mx-6.com, probetalk and this site.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

JYOUNYA1 wrote:you do mean to be rude or you wouldn't have said that oxymoron. I actually have searched and nothing exactly came up with a complete answer that I was looking for(I would have probably have to look for an hour just to get back to where I started)...I appreciate your input though. Some of you guys kill me with this "please search"...that search thing sucks...I put in "A/C" and nothing comes up..I trying "conditioning", "conditioner", and nothing pertinent to what I am looking for comes up...Just answer the persons question or don't answer it...I mean I can understand if someone wrote a book on a certain topic,and gets upset when they see a question that they have already answered...how hard is it to reanswer the question, or point them to the forum...if I were you, and you were I would have simply answered the question or directed you to a forum that would give e more than enough info...like JWMX3 did for me with the first reply, that was awesome of him...anyway, thanks for the info...i am not iggy at you, just wanted to be heard...now if I see someone asking the same question, I can direct them to this forum.
now, i mean to be rude... there was no reason for the personal attack.

personally i know there are a bunch of people other than just me that have learned about any engine including the klze by SEARCHING. there are tons of other places you can search.... probetalk.com, mx6.com...hell go on yahoo, google, whatever you like and type in klze, kl-ze and tons of information will come up. dont get offended when someone tell u to search because they probably found out the same information you are asking by searching.

im sure u didnt think of looking else where but maybe u should think before u make a smart a-- of yourself cuz i wasnt trying to be rude but i know there are a bunch of sissy's on here that will get offended because they never learned to use the search function properly.

btw when you were searcing for a/c stuff, did you ever type in "air conditioner" or "air conditioning" or "compressor"

compression is a large factor in the differences in the klze and the de but cams are also a huge factor on the characteristics of an engine.
2fazed wrote:It's pretty simple. What are you looking for? If you want more power for less $$, go with the DE with boost. If you don't want to mess with NOS, then go with a ZE. If you don't see yourself owning this car for more than 2 years, go with the DE.
tuning as well as turbo size is the deciding factor of how much boost pressure can be run. a ze can handle the same amount of boose as a de if tuned properly. the difference is that the ze will respond more per psi of boost increase while having better lower response, considering the same turbo's are being used on both engines.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”