Couple Mx-3 Questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92-Mx3

Post by 92-Mx3 »

what would you guys consider high miledge, and what cars exactly do the KLZE's come from?? because th mx-6's and probes have 2.5L's aswell right? i found a guy that has a probe for sale with a 2.5L for about 700$ the car was in a rear end accident and the engine has about 165XXX km's on it.. would it be a good idea to swap?? keep in mind my 1.8 has hi miledge...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 - I love my K8 :)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The KLZE comes from the JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Millenias and MX-6's. The ford probe V6 is a KLDE engine. Which is what you find in the US Spec MX-6's, Millenia's & Probes. It will swap in with no issues.. but you will need the ECU from the Probe as well I think. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
92-Mx3

Post by 92-Mx3 »

Ok decided to get the KLZE, im ordering the engine from JDM source probably this weekend, i just need to know if i should buy a new clutch for the swap, i have a new clutch that is ment for a K8 but i hear theres nothing but slippage?? is this fact true or can i put the k8 clutch in?? thanks guys cheers
1992 Mazda Mx-3 - I love my K8 :)
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

You can use anything you want...

but you'll get nowere fast. What you SHOULD get replaced is

CLUTCH (its a must) ACT, mrspeed.biz, clutchmaster, whichever doesnt' really matter...

EXAUST - 2.5" with highflow muff/cat and resonator if you want silence.

AXELS - probably gonna wanna do this if you have the extra coin. Its easier to do once you got the engine out. So why not.

TRANNY - Dont' need to unless your old one is fried...the mtx's trannies last. First gear is abit longer with the mx-6 transmissions.

other things you should replace: plugs, wire, seals, timing belt and/or serpentine belts, all fluids, pcv valve, disty cap, valve cover gasket, anything else that isnt' working or thats leaking.

anything that i missed?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

Engine mounts ( if the existing ones have covered high mileage )
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”