ZE running on 3 cylinders, HELP......

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Tommy D wrote:Iv had the engine checked out. If you stand looking in the engine bay the front left cylinder has no compression at all. All the others have 190-195 or something and the other 2 are out of time, The mechanics have suggested that it bent a valve and the timing belt may have jumped one notch due to the sudden snag.

Im going to take the front head off and have a look, if its a bent valve i'll be happy as i'll get some DE retainers and get it back on ready for Turbo. If its a Piston, ill buy another engine. Can someone give me a list of what i can do to build a DE / ZE Hybrid? Iv got a bit of cash but dont want to go crazy, thanks for the pointers guys. Any more info is greatly welcome.....
That's what I though, same thing happened to me. 0cmpression front left cylinder. You probably have one(or more) broken retainers on the intake side with a bent valve stuck in there. Probably a piston damaged due to the valve dropping in. Maybe a valve guide too. These were my problem.

For the DE/ZE hybrid: I made a thread where all the heads were compared. Search under my name and ze. I asked to put this in the faq forums but was never done.
you can either keep the stock ze spring and change the retainers for millenia retainers wich are bigger and stronger than the klze INTAKE retainers (pictures in my other thread). Or you can swap the DE springs in and retainers. Valves are the same.
Check my other thread for more infos.

Sorry to hear what happened, I know how it's like
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”