VRIS POINTS.....OPEN OR NOT

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Thanks for the input. It sounds like you are singing the same song as antwawn and I
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

*looks to the sky while a tear rolls down his cheek* The song of truth. :lol:

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Actually if your running a millenia manifold or K8 manifold and have a KL-31/36 ECU your VRIS is off and you will be feeling the surging at 4000 and 4700, and then instead of the VRIS closing at 6250, they will not be closing at ~6800 and that means ur gonna be loosing power.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

XxantwawnxX wrote:*looks to the sky while a tear rolls down his cheek* The song of truth. :lol:
Don't you love believing...no...knowing that you are right? HAHAHAHA
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I tried runnign with them open and closed... bohoo car doesnt oull nice... nothing like having them work. I still beat a stupid civic with my vris points closed :P (at the track)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
DaRepoMan73

Post by DaRepoMan73 »

I run my VRIS wired open and it runs fine especially when I am shifting at 8000rpms I know they are open. Besides the low rpm power loss is minimal
92 MX-3 rs(3 of them)
93 Probe GT klze
95 GMC Sonoma 355ci 425hp V-8
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

DaRepoMan73 wrote:I run my VRIS wired open and it runs fine especially when I am shifting at 8000rpms I know they are open. Besides the low rpm power loss is minimal
first you're not making any power at those rpms. It's useless if you ask me to shift that hihg IF you CAN'T make power up there.

second. People dynoed different set-up and they did make more power with them CLOSED passed 6500rpm. Mazda made a good design if you ask me with their VRIS.

You can't make more power by closing or leaving the vris open all the time.

take a look at the bottom left image
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”