CF Gas Door / CF Radiatior Support *EXTENDED to April30th*

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Neil

Post by Neil »

I dont know what the Rad Support looks like, so i cant help you guys there. What i do know is its suppose to be a complete rad support.

All the technical questions Oscar can probaly answer about the Rad Support.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

my gas door on my car is all chipped up like crazy! This would be a nice cheap look for my car!
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ok i am EXTREMELY interested in the rad support peice BUT im laid off rite now and money is an issue can i get in on this? i get my job in april.......but im trying to find a part time rite now
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Neil

Post by Neil »

fieromx3 wrote:ok i am EXTREMELY interested in the rad support peice BUT im laid off rite now and money is an issue can i get in on this? i get my job in april.......but im trying to find a part time rite now
It all depends on how many people end up being interested! :) The fact that your EXTREMLY interested is all we need right now!
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

:D
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

It appears that you and Oscar are collaborating on this one - correct? If that's the case could you or Oscar elaborate as to why the possibility of CF wiper cowl was dismissed so quickly. The reason I ask and perhaps others may be in the same boat, is that the gas cover and rad support are for the most part cosmetic, whereas, with the wiper cowl not only would it be cosmetic but I believe all of us that still have the original oem one have seen various degrees of warpage and deterioration. This would be something to seriously consider if there's a CF project getting underway. I imagine the biggest obstacle would be for Oscar or yourself to acquire a nearly pristine shaped wiper cowl to use as a mold - correct? At any rate, I'm interested in both and would like to see you look into Pat's request as to the extension of the rad mount. BTW, I'll try and convince Pat to get the gas cover too since us "white cars" need to have a little something to stand out. It's the blinginess in us ....LOL. One last Q - these are not overlays - correct?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Neil

Post by Neil »

jschrauwen wrote:It appears that you and Oscar are collaborating on this one - correct? If that's the case could you or Oscar elaborate as to why the possibility of CF wiper cowl was dismissed so quickly. The reason I ask and perhaps others may be in the same boat, is that the gas cover and rad support are for the most part cosmetic, whereas, with the wiper cowl not only would it be cosmetic but I believe all of us that still have the original oem one have seen various degrees of warpage and deterioration. This would be something to seriously consider if there's a CF project getting underway. I imagine the biggest obstacle would be for Oscar or yourself to acquire a nearly pristine shaped wiper cowl to use as a mold - correct? At any rate, I'm interested in both and would like to see you look into Pat's request as to the extension of the rad mount. BTW, I'll try and convince Pat to get the gas cover too since us "white cars" need to have a little something to stand out. It's the blinginess in us ....LOL. One last Q - these are not overlays - correct?
I think the reason the wiper cowl is being dismissed right now is because the molds for the Rad Support/Gas Door are already made, were as the wiper cowl isnt.

The CF rad support is a complete rad support from what i have been told. As for the CF Gas Door i am not sure if its a cover or a complete assembly! But i will let you and everyone know asap!
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

The cowl was an idea I had when Marshmallow fell through. Since we are still in the middle of the Turbo BB and these 2 molds have been completed for well over 4 months, I think its best not to jump into too many things at once and go with is easy for now.

I will make the cowl, not yet though.

As for the Gas door, it replaces your stock one. You must remove the oem cap and replce it with this.

You will be reusing the underside ( frame it you want to call it) which holds the door and contains the hinge. I hope this was clear enough.

The rad support will be oem style for now. As I said, the mold has been completed for a while; no need to add too many complications right now.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I want a rad support, let me know when it comes out ;)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

is the cf gas cover goin to be a cover or oem replace ment
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

monty73741 wrote:is the cf gas cover goin to be a cover or oem replace ment
Scroll 2 posts up. I just mentioned it is a replacement.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

so when will we be able to order?
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Neil

Post by Neil »

Legato626 wrote:so when will we be able to order?
As soon as theres enough interest shown, Need atleast 10 guys for each part!
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

i beleave you have 10 right now for the door =)
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

any news?
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Return to “Appearance”