Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Yeah but you killed your car.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Drewation

Post by Drewation »

Vanished wrote:Yeah but you killed your car.
its fixed now and it only cost me 100$ lol
*new* 1995 Blaze Red MX-3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/drewationmx3
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

One time I got pulled over going 130 in a 30 :)

I ran a stop sign, passed in a no passing zone, and was hauling some serious butt!!! I was young and dumb (this was about 11-12 years ago).

I pulled up to the gas station, cop came up, (I had no idea he was chasing me) He told me he was running 90 and I kept pulling from him.

At this point Im about to piss my pants, Here I was trying to show out in front of the ladies I had with me, and ended up getting caught. My dad happen to be @ the gas station. He came up to the cop and I, told the officer he was my dad and he happen to be getting some gas. The cop told me "Looks like your in more trouble now than if I had taken you to jail" and he let me off without even a written warning. Man that was one scary situation.

NEVER be an idiot like I was then!
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

ya we all have to do it i already did it and now trying to get inserance is like really dumb now...
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Take a professional driving class. Believe it or not.. if you have such credentials when you get pulled over.. cops are a LOT more forgiving.

Heh.. on one other occasion in my nova.. I got pulled over for doing 55 in a school zone.. it was summer and at 9 pm at night.. so there werent any kids around anyway. When he hit his lights on behind me.. I pulled over so fast that he couldnt stop in time to pull in behind me so he had to pull in front of me... after giving me the riot speach about speeding in a school zone.. he started asking how I was able to stop my car so fast.. I explained that I had upgraded the braking system on my car to make it safer. The key word there is "Safer" he didnt even give me a warning.. just told me to slow it down in the school zones :D

I have also had a cop pull me over and tell me my brake light was out.. when I asked if I could get out of my car and check the bulb.. he refused and told me to stay put. He wrote me up a written warning to get it fixed.. after he had done a complete search of my car of course (remember the long hair LOL ) after he left I checked my brake lights and they were fully functional.. some cops really think they are all that and a bag of chips.. heh.. chips.. heh..

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

That sucks that cops can pull that stuff and get away. The only bar in town here has a new owner, so the cops have been perchin in a parkinglot across the street and pullin everyone over who leaves in a car. There is a law saying that they cant just pull someone over because they left a bar, so the cops always pull crap like that.
"I didn't see your turn signal"
"It looked like you crossed the yellow line"
"A car just like this one was seen speeding"

I hated having to pay tickets and being under 18, Dad had to sign every one :?
1993 RS Teal
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

LooseChangeRacing wrote:Oh man...heres the few COP incidents I can remember...

The latest BIG cop incident...in the mx-3...long explanation on why it happened.
Fleeing and Evading, Offensive Weapons, Recklessly Endangering a Minor, 3 Traffic Violations, Travelling at an unsafe speed, no insurance, not valid registration.
Some funny notes about that story, the cop said I was a better driver then him (in the SOHC mind you), i actually got away, but the cop knew me.

Now for the basics...
many of 10 and 15 mph over the speed limits
3 driving under suspended licenses (in new hampshire, and well not taken care of, which is why i can't goto new hampshire)

128 in a 45 in the DOHC ($275 went to court)
115 in a 55 in the SOHC ($125 went to court)
atleast 3 times in the 95-105 range can't remember costs

Now for the greatest story of all time...with my Ninja 900...
Driving very very fast, suddenly as I fly down a hill I see a cop...knowing that I can't slow down, I just keep going but of course I take a look down at the speedo, when I looked it was 184 and dropping, so I slow down, which takes about the next 1 mile and take the next exit which was about 2 miles down the road....right off the exit was a MCdonalds so I decide to grab a burger, go inside order 2 doubles and go out and sit on the bike and start eating, lol suddenly the cop pulls up beside me with his lights on gets out and looks at me and the bike...then the conversation kinda went like this, but I can't remember the specifics.
"I know it was you.....do you know how fast you were going"
"What was me"
"I caught you on my radar as you came by me on 95"
"Wasn't me"
"No, i'm positive it was you, but since we don't have cameras in the car I'm not gonna fight it"
(Right there I was like, what I'm getting away with it"
"And..."
"Well the radar gun I have only registers up to 170MPH and I wanna know how fast you were going....you know your crazy right"
"I'm not gonna tell you anything that you can use against me"
"Well i'm not gonna charge you, I wanna know how fast you were going"
"Why should i incriminate myself"
"I'm not going to charge you with anything"
(I was like fine, at this point PROVE IT lol)
"Well when I looked down as I passed you I was going 184"
"Thats insane, do you have a deathwish"
"Same thing would happen at 185 as 140, so why not"
"Thats stupid...why would you ever do that....
BLAH BLAH BLAH
"Don't drive crazy like that anymore I will pull you over the next time I see you going 5mph above the speed limit"
"Yes sir (munch munch on the double)"
I've ran from the cops many of times and only got caught once...many were very insane...this was by far the worst...next in place would be in the DOHC, came over a hill at the same time opposite as a cop and well he tried to turn around I floored it and was going on a highway 2 lanes, on the wrong side of the road at 120 with oncoming cars weaving....anyway DON"T DRIVE LIKE ME...you end up with a bunch of charges....
[/quote]\

I belive about 25% of what you say. Id' say the other 75% has been exadurated beyond belif. You act like your proud and/or cool or something...well your just plain stupid. Thanks for coming out BUD.
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

lol you don't gotta believe it if you don't want to...and I'm not PROUD of it...it's how I grew up...lol, I don't need to lie about tickets to be cool lol...so, to each his own man, and if you need proof I can get it to ya lol
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Tunes67 wrote:

I have also had a cop pull me over and tell me my brake light was out.. when I asked if I could get out of my car and check the bulb.. he refused and told me to stay put. He wrote me up a written warning to get it fixed.. after he had done a complete search of my car of course (remember the long hair LOL ) after he left I checked my brake lights and they were fully functional.. some cops really think they are all that and a bag of chips.. heh.. chips.. heh..

Tunes67

LOL :lol: Tunes you're like the guys in the Diet Pepsi commercials......... " i Wish i had my hair like it was back in high school, and my old chevy Nova"

Werent you a bit nervous he might find whatever it was you had hidden in that car ?
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Nope.. see he can make up all kinds of excuses to search your car.. but they have to have a warrant to search your person.. or at the very least.. probable cause.. He had neither.. and he wasnt the first cop I reported for harrassment ;) To my knowledge.. I know between myself and a couple of friends.. we had one county deputy fired and one state patrol officer suspended for harrassment. Funny how things work themselves out though.. in my currently line of work.. I deal with officers from all different precincts and citys and counties.. Some of them are very cool and I have gotten to be friends with more than a few of them... needless to say.. that has paid off more than a few times when I have gotten pulled over close to work ;) Bucking the system never works.. working within the system.. well.. your only limited to your imagination ;) Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

quicksliver wrote: Thanks for coming out BUD.
sorry but that..that sentance just AGRIvates me. I dunno what it is, but its just one of those things..like..peachy keen. or. Toite like a Toiger. It just PISSES me off. So never say it again. Ever. :shock:
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

Vanished wrote:
quicksliver wrote: Thanks for coming out BUD.
like..peachy keen. or. Toite like a Toiger.

:D :D
Vroooom
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I've had a couple ofgrowing experiences. One was 90 in a 15 (neighborhood) Just got my MX-3, no license, no insurance and it must have been about 2 am. Cop made my drive home and wake my parents. Yeah, I got way worse than the state could ever give me for that one...

Just after I started dating my current GF of 6 years:
Another was about 4 years later. Raced to same year, 7 cylinder, Camaros and was beating both when a cop flew by going the other way. We figured he could only get one of us so he pulled the lead car, by that time we had slowed and I was in back, a Camaro and then had to jump out and stand in the middle of the road to get the me and the other guy. (we acutally passed the cop once and he got in his car and pulled over the other Camaro and stopped all three of us, pretty funny)
Then he sais "were you guys racing?".
I said well to be honest yes.
He siad, the other guys say no
Well, they are lying (hoping my honesty will get me out of trouble)
Well you are all getting a ticket and I'll leave it up to you how it goes. I clocked one of you at 127, one at 103, and one at 87. I can guess who was doing what by the order or just give you all a ticket for 87. Which will it be.
I took the latter of course.
I thought I was going to crap myself. I had been dating this girl I REALLY liked and was showing off and now I'm going to jail and she is going to have to call her 6'4" 220lb. Dad to come get her 2 hours away (I'm 5'9", 150 lbs.) I figured either I stay in jail and move as soon as I get out or I'm going to die when her Dad gets his hands on me. :lol: :lol:

My parents would have let me sit there untill my court date. No joke, they always told me so and always stuck to their word.

That was my last speeding ticket and I hope the last one I'll ever get. I race my car at closed track events now with some local car clubs. We rent track time and I love it. Costs about 3-400 per person for a 2 days at a track. Most fun you'll ever legally have, and relatively safe too.
For anyone interested, I'm sure you can find or organize similar outings in your area. If not visit us on the MOCA forum and get info on our track days if you'd like to come to the SE and race with us. Or I will give you info on how to go about organizing a track day.
I honestly hope some of you take me up on this info. It is a safe way to run your car balls out and not get a ticket.

Please don't speed. The thing that made me stop was not the thought of killing myself and leaving those I love behind. It was killing someone else and having their loved ones to morn; and me live with the fact that I ended someones life.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I had just done my Kfze swap (well 500 miles prior) and i was coming back from a Moca BBQ, going on a long stretch of highway right b4 atlanta, i was doing right at 124 when i saw the cop ahead and started to slightly slow down. He clocked me doing 114, when i passed him i was in the far left lane on a 4 lane highway i instantly proceeded to pull over knowing that he got me. I was already sitting on the side of the road by the time he caught up with me. Placed my hands out the window and got ready to go to jail.

Well he asked me how fast did i think i was going and i told him i really couldnt be to sure at that point but i know it was fast, he told me 114 and asked me what i was doing. He asked if i was racing someone because he didnt see another car. I explained to him that i had just put a bigger motor in my car and just wanted to see what she could do, that there were no other cars around and i was just having a little fun. He looked at me and then told me he wouldnt expect a little car like mine to go so fast. He then started talking about his Cobra and what he had done to it.

At this point i was like SWEET im off, after he sits there explaining everythign about his car he looks at me and says "well your not the smartest guy in the world for going that fast on a public highway, but im not going to take you to jail, since you didnt make up a story" he takes all my info and goes back to his car.

Comes back and hands me a ticket for 85 in a 55. and tells me not to even think about speeding through atlanta, of cource i thank him for being nice and drive off. Now the funny thing is about this story is My DV Camera was sitting in the passenger seat the entire time Aimed upward because i had it sitting on the steering column originally recording the speed. SO i got the entire thing on tape :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

well dude post that crap lol
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k

Return to “Off-Topic”