2.5L V6 klze

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

the fan thing is a gimmick, waste of 90 bucks and whatever you do, dont waste time and effort trying to deal wiith corksport

the cheapest way you can bolt on 35 horsepower would be to get a KLDE from a probe, one with decent mileage for maybe 400 bucks and do the engine swap

you wont be satisfied with ANY bolt on gains on your K8
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Well Peachez, if you're wanting to keep your auto, then look at the mods fieromx3 has suggested, although i'm a bit dubious 'bout the ecu upgrade!
your car will sound great and go better....

just take care of that transmission! :lol:

oh yeah, if you believe more than 20% of what you read on ebay...., you're gonna get burned! :wink:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

I personally am limited to an ATX due to physical limitation, so I have no choice there. Here's somthing to ponder on though - automatic trannies waste ALOT of power getting the engine's HP to the ground. It averages somewhere rediculous like 30-40%. Your car, your decision, but the most performance you will get for your buck is a 5spd swap, then a 2.5L swap. Good luck in whatever you decide though, and hope you have fun doing it.
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com

Return to “Transmissions”