So How many of us MX-3s are left?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Black4CylMX3

Post by Black4CylMX3 »

I love my mx3, probably planning on keeping it a long time and putting a bpt in it. Although i definitely wouldn't mind getting a mazdaspeed protege or a RX7 turbo if i got another mazda.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

atlantamx3 wrote:Last time I counted, there are just over 17,641 MX-3's left in North America.

The rest have gone to the great Junkyard in the sky.
Somehow i bet u the number is less.

I don't know the exact sales figures but in the USA I doubt more than 120,000 total were sold in those 4 years.

I bet you about 20-30% are driven today. i see a LOT in the junkyard & very few on the road. They are one of those rare types that you have to try to spot or you won't spot them.

Put into retrospect the mazdaspeed protege & "Mazda MP3". 1000 mp3's were made and like 200 were wrecked immediately by stupid dumbasses. More & more are being wrecked constantly diminishing their numbers. Probably 60-70% of what was sold exist today..and thats in 3 years of their existence. Our car has been on teh raod much longer & is more prone to the notorious distributor failure or other major failures that come with a 15 year old car, so naturally ppl will ditch it after awhile
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

Gro Harlem wrote:
atlantamx3 wrote:Last time I counted, there are just over 17,641 MX-3's left in North America.
Somehow i bet u the number is less.

I don't know the exact sales figures but in the USA I doubt more than 120,000 total were sold in those 4 years.

I bet you about 20-30% are driven today.
hey man, i wish 20-30$ were still being driven out of an original 120,000. that would be 24,000 to 36,000 mx-3s on the road. :)
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”