Newbie with 96 mx-3 1.8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Hey! Where did you find that info, I was searching all over the net yesterday for it
lol, I had it in a folder in my computer somewhere. Your first post sent me searching for it.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

Thanks again for the info- I checked the rpm today at 80mph and it is 4250 or thereabouts and I'd agree it's not worth the effort after seeing that comparison chart.
I had a look at the window and found that the central track the window rides on has a plastic mount which attaches onto the glass, this has some play/wear in it and consequently allows the window to tilt forward slightly when going up and causes the window to catch. I'm going to try and get another one and sort it out. I'll try the lubrication option first though just to see if it works.

I've emailed a guy on ebay whos breaking one about some bits and hopefully get a heater switch as I agree it is the obvious choice. Does the switch sit behind the slider control or is it somewhere else and if so how do you access it?
petekav

Post by petekav »

I too get 4250ish rpm at 80mph.

Pete.
Stock '93 V6.
den

Post by den »

same with mine...
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I could have sworn that there's about an 800 rpm difference in top gear at 80mph between the 2 different final drives - am I wrong ?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”