Car stalls at stop light when in drive mode, not in N/P

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

im totally useless when it comes to the engine so a diagram or picture would help a ton....
Try the online shop manual.. lots of pics and diagrams in there. Its in the left column on the main page or here is the link - http://www.mx-3.com/95manual/index.cfm

Cheers
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
RTT

Post by RTT »

thanks that will help lots!!
jackiel

Post by jackiel »

Mine had the exact same problem. It would die or come close to it in Drive with the brake on. In Park it would idle roughly but would not die. I tried the plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, O2 sensor, air filter too. It ended up being the fuel filter. An inexpensive part but hard to reach to remove/install. I never thought the fuel filter would make that big of a difference but it did.
MX3driver
BANNED Member

Post by MX3driver »

check your PCV valve.. 10 bucks CDN and worked for me!
Craig
Ive been banned for moronic childish behavior.
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

I just decided to replace my fuel filter(137,000miles on original) last week. I just didnt have a chance till today to get on alldatapro and check where the fuel pressure release is. Gonna prolly do it tonight, or tomorrow when I get back from Mazda with my new keys(current ones worn out bad).
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

i just solved this problem on a ford.

its probably more or less likely the idle air controll solonoid (sp?)

look up in the shop manual how to clean it.

also clean your TB and intake track.

Bochek
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

I had already completly cleaned the intake system and I seriously doubt that its my IAC. The other thing I was going to look into beside the fuel system was a alternator wear out, unfotunitly I havnt been able to check the charging system yet to see if that is the case.
SpikeDerailed

Post by SpikeDerailed »

I just decided to replace my fuel filter(137,000miles on original) last week. I just didnt have a chance till today to get on alldatapro and check where the fuel pressure release is. Gonna prolly do it tonight, or tomorrow when I get back from Mazda with my new keys(current ones worn out bad).
dude33694

Well...

Post by dude33694 »

Had this problem on a 1993 manual and actually debated the notion of it being low voltage... picked out an alternator off a protege and bolted it up and it has worked fine since! it only cost me like 20 bucks US (thank god for pull-a-part)

Just food for thought.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”