a ricey wing

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Code_Kid

Post by Code_Kid »

thats pretty damn close to the wing little different but no legs for it to stand on but looks awsome.

thanks
Drewation

Post by Drewation »

Vanished wrote:Wings = originaly made for performance not looks
Performance=More pressure on rear wheels at HIGH SPEEDS on RACECARS

emfasis on REAR WHEEL and HIGH SPEED both of wich you will never have...when will people LEARN..

They dont' look that good, and its not gonna make your car any more areodynamic. If it adds any down force at all, its poitnless cuz you have a front wheel drive car.

You gotta get over the rice thing dude...whats rice?

Lime green or yellow or anything bright and ugly.
Cheap un effective parts
Slow cars that people TRY to make look fast
Anything APC
Nos Stickers
BOV speakers
Fake hood pins

I hope you get the point. If you want to get it the wing, go right ahead. But it's really not worth it.

What should you do instead of getting a wing to make your car that much better looking? Take that 300 bucks, and buy something else. Go get a new exaust systme, and Intake, a short throw shifter, cams, or something that will make you faster, rather than ricer..

If your engines been modded and you want to work on apearance, don't go all out with the looks. Do somethign simple, maybe some Mazda Speed stuff. The front bumper and skirts are very nice. Polish your head lights mabye, get some new seats. Shave your door handles maybe, tint your tail lights. But whatever you do, dont' go over the top and do it in taste.
ahaha you have apc on your car
*new* 1995 Blaze Red MX-3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/drewationmx3
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

it came like that, i'm changing it soon enough...
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

who said wings dont give rear wheel downforce? i'm actually thinking of buying one (possibly MS or GTR style) simply because i get crazy oversteer all the time. yea u heard me right -- oversteer. :roll:
92 Autozam AZ3
Code_Kid

Post by Code_Kid »

ive noticed with my storm without a wing and turbo on @ shifts to 4 and to 5th turbo pulls cause of no LSD 90-120mph, ive noticed with the wing same shifts and speeds no LSD it does help with some of the pull when shifting cause with a turbo and no lsd u powering shifting it cant devide the torgue so most to one side less to the other can cause the wheel to cut or jerk when shifting, the wing seem to help cut back. cause @ high speeds that wing is getting downforce and keeping car down. not alot but it does help.

it does help some not really noticable less doing runs on tracks with it on off @ high speeds. ive installed mine for looks and fun to piss of muscle and trucks here cause small town etc...

funny tho i get smart remarks as does it make it go faster i ask them does there tail gate down do the same? there cab height and length cause more air to pass over the tail gate. least thats what ive seen and test for downforce etc.. spike and speed channel.

thanks everyone for comments and help
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I don't understand how people keep thinking that only RWD needs wings, FWD cars can exhibit oversteer too...wings are designed to keep the rear stable. FWD cars can have an unstable rear as well.
Contrary to popular opinion, modern rear-wheel-drive cars are much more user-friendly in this regard, as they are set up to understeer, and the more powerful ones even have on-board computer systems which can automatically brake the car or override the driver's throttle inputs. This is because understeer is generally much safer for novice drivers, whereas oversteer is much more difficult to correct when one's not prepared for it. The natural reaction of most drivers in case of loss of control is to try to slow down - either by lifting their foot off the gas pedal or even by braking. Both of these will help bring an understeering vehicle under control but can have disastrous effects in the case of oversteer. This is because braking causes weight transfer towards the front of the car, thus reducing rear traction even further. The correct oversteer correction is to gently steer into the slide, then take the power away as needed. Indeed, cutting the power mid-corner can induce oversteer even in a front wheel drive vehicle. This is known as lift-off oversteer. "Trail braking," or continuing to apply brake pressure after turning into a curve, can induce oversteer by transfering weight off of the rear tires, regardless of whether the car is front, rear or all-wheel drive.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Code_Kid

Post by Code_Kid »

well some wings are for downforice aluminum wings and some are for cutting air into the wing for steer @ high speeds. but yes it helps and doesnt but fun mwhahaha
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

ummmm right... yes wings are for rear downforce. there are also front canards that are for front end downforce. both are very helpful, and both i shall have :lol: lol

but yea when i was racing my blue mx3, i started out with heavyass subwoofers in the trunk, and all i got was a little understeer. the thing handled beautifully! but then i took them out, along with the rear seat (thinking i was smart and losing weight) but this made the car insanely off balance, and all of a sudden a simple turn would throw the rear end out! i would never even get understeer because there was so much weight in the front and not the back! so this is where a wing would be perfect on an mx3/any fwd car.

rice-bashers need to research and read all the s--- Nd4SpdSe said 8) oversteer kills
92 Autozam AZ3
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Hey yah I was bootin' her today and I noticed that our cars are loose...I was quite suprised.

Good luck with the car tho man

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

cris_barros

Post by cris_barros »

Ooops...I did it again ;)

And sorry...I don't think it looks stupid...

My old 1.6 16V...

My old 2.5 V6...

Daniel Toledo 1.6 16V Turbo

Cris

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ok yeah its rice.. seriously..but chicks dig it.. i sure dont lol its funny how you slap on a few spoilers and girlies start to pile up. now that we are on the subject... i now hate carbon fiber hoods... those are my 5 cents oo looks nicwe on that red car minus the racer x logo.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Hmm true it does look nice on the red car...but i think it woudl be out of place with out a body kit on the car as well...its liek all or nothing..

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

Return to “Appearance”