KLDE SWAP NO START

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

HEY thnere is a black wire which is GROUND its connectewd to the valve cover..remember VALVE COVER IS NOT GROUND..make sure you have that wire grounded or theres no way in hell you will ever get a spark...that happened to me. I relocated the wire and now have ground. Im almost certain this will be your problem since during the swap you had to disconect this wire.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Reaver19

Post by Reaver19 »

mx32nerDOTcom wrote:So if all of the vaccum lines are not hooked up at all, that could make the engine not fire and not start...because I havent hooked up all of the vaccum lines yet because i just wanted to get it to fire...let me know...and is there any way I could call you or do you have aol or anything like that...thanks for all the help so far.
Pm sent to you. Also, to answer your question, my car will not start at all if I don't have the vacuum lines hooked up. If you pulled the plugs out, saw that you are getting spark, that's one down. Over to the right of the fuel injectors there is a fuel hose that connections to them, loosen the bolt that connects the fuel hose to the fuel injectors, have someone hop in the car and try to start it, just once. If fuel shoots out of the area where the fuel injectors are connected to the fuel line, then the injectors are getting fuel. If the spark plugs themselves are drenched in gasoline, then they are obviously getting fuel there too (too much gas is obviously no good as well :P) Don't bypass the simples things, I know I did, and that's why it took me so long to figure out that the fuel in my car was no good :oops:
93' MX-3 - V6 (complete!) KLDE Engine, KL02 VAF, custom fog lights :)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh there is spark? my bad lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx32nerDOTcom

KLDE NOT RUNNING VACCUM HELP

Post by mx32nerDOTcom »

I REALLY need some vaccum help on the klde, because in the manual there are diagrams for the 1.8L V6 Motor, and for the 2.5L V6 motor, but I just dont understand most of it, because stuff on the mx3 is in a different spot than on the 626, my car won't start and everyone is saying it's vaccums, i just need a GOOD diagram...

Thanks
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 Spd <i>*In Progress*</i> 2.5L V6 SWAP IN PROGRESS NOW
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS/SE 5 Spd <i>*Project 2.5T*</i>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

that is for the klde i take it. mmm.... why does the vacuum line from the egr selinoid valve tee into the vris 1 seliniod valve? on the k8 the egr selinoid valve runs to the intake manifold, fpr vacuum line. that is an awesome diagram though. i think it should be put into the faq. great colouring.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

mx32nerDOTcom

KLDE swap problems, NO START

Post by mx32nerDOTcom »

Motor is from a 97 Mazda 626
VAF is from the same car: KL02
ECU is from a 94 Probe GT: KL01

WIll NOT START, I changed the timing belt, and realigned the marks on the cam gears and on the crank gear, I have fuel, I have spark, I added ground points to the motor, heads, intake manifold, tranny, and still NOTHING..

When I try to start it, it turns over 3 times or so real quick like normal, then it turns over once REALLY REALLY SLOW and the motor jerks...

I changed all of the plugs today, and each plug was soaked in gas, but why is that?

I really need to get this car done because it's not even in my own garage, we did it at a friends house, and now winter is here, so they're mustang is temporarily homeless due to the DEAD MX3DE

PLEASE HELP

If you live ANYWHERE near pittsburgh, I'd pay for you to come help me get my car started...Im an hour south of the burgh...in PA...
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 Spd <i>*In Progress*</i> 2.5L V6 SWAP IN PROGRESS NOW
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS/SE 5 Spd <i>*Project 2.5T*</i>
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

ok just to get this out of the way, you shouldn't start a new topic with the same problem. now that that is out of the way, you have the markings aligned on the cams but is the distributor timed. try turning you distributor to the middle of the bolt holes so it will be close to timed. try each end and the middle with each start attempt, see if that helps. like a problem someone just had, check to see if the gas will burn. i assume all your vacuum lines are connected properly. double check to make sure everything is wired properly. hook a charger to the battery and put it in the start possition, then try to turn over your car. stop every 10 seconds or so, that is the recomended time to stop, but go longer if you want to risk it. get back to us when this is all tried. i don't know if you did all this stuff because i can't remember what your other topic said.

EDIT
and check the online manual, maybe the dignostic page might beable to lead you towards you answer.
Last edited by vozaday2000 on October 27th, 2005, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Macen

Post by Macen »

Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

here i decided to gather all your other posts:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46320
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46362

and the one that Marcen posted plus this one. notice how the questions and the answers are basically the same. we are pretty much out of ideas.

Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Merging them all...
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Custommx3 wrote:Merging them all...
thanks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”