How much expirence did you have before modding your car?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

absolutely nothing... :p

and I have a cat-back system on my MX-3 just because it brings out that gorgeous V6 engine... what a SOUND!! :o
1997, Silver, V6
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The first car I owned that I actually worked on was a 1978 Oldsmobile Starfire. What a POS that car was. It wasnt my first car.. but it was the first one I thought I could make cool. If you dont know what a Starfire looks like.. they are the same thing as the late 70's Chevy Monzas. But it was a good car to cut my teeth on.. I learned how to do the brakes and some minor engine repair and general maintenance.

The first car I ever modded was my 75 Chevy Nova.. Most of the mods I did to that car were under the hood.. but I did get it painted and beefed up the suspension a bit. I was forced to sell that car due to financial straights and rising fuel prices. Its kind of funny really.. Just before I sold that Nova.. it took about $35 or so to fill it from empty.. it had a 21.5 gallon gas tank. Then I started driving a 85 Subaru XT.. great gas mileage but only a 15.7 gallon tank.. At the time the subaru tried to kill me.. it was costing about $35 to fill it.. Then I bought the MX-3.. Even smaller gas tank at only 13.2 (only 10 shows on the gauge roughly) but it costs about $35 to fill as well.. I keep getting cars with smaller and smaller gas tanks.. but I dont seem to be spending any less cash.. Damn oil companies LOL

Anyway.. I havent modded my MX-3 much yet.. just some general maintenance and my custom gauge panel. And I probably wont do much to it cosmetically other than a fresh paint job eventually. But I do have a few plans for the interior and I would definately prefer the car to be a 5 spd rather than the crappy ATX that is in it now.. ;)

I guess in general I have been a gear head for about 20 years or so in one form or another.. whether its bustin my knuckles on my cars or helping out friends on their cars.

Cheers

Tunes67

And we wont even go into what a major PITA my truck has been.. but for those keeping track of it.. The engine is rebuilt.. passed emissions.. truck is licensed.. and I have done the brakes on it and have been driving it for the past week now. Newer rims and tires are on their way as well as a new bumper for it and the truck is complete. Bugs if your reading this.. I will be able to come to your place in wenatchee very soon.. I want to drive the truck a bit more to make sure its reliable before heading up the mountain ;)
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

my mx3 is my 5th car i have had 2 done up cavaliers before this and an 87 celica that we built a back bumper for so I have been modding for 5 years I started my first cavalier with no experience I just hoped for the best and it turned out good hopefully the mazda will
Always under construction

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”