the day as come my friends..20psi (1.36 bar) on my ZE-T

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Damn guys, :shock:

I am very impressed by the progress you guys are making. Here I was thinking my car was quick running 11psi. :cry:

All that means is back to modding again for me. :twisted:
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

Dude with you running that much boost, what are you thinking posting without a video clip.... :D
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

uh oh I read on PT... whats the news buddy? Any ideas on what needs fixin? :(

Prolly just needs some tuning... We can only hope I guess.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Yeah post up those compression numbers. I am curious.

If all else fails, go with a stock DE. I have been pushing 18 psi for awhile now and all is well. 20k boosted miles now!
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

What happened? i wanna know, i hope you didnt blow shiet up. You should of been able to tune no problem with an egt gauge and a wideband....and even then you should still run it a little on the rich side to be safe. Keep us posted on what goes down though. Peace
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Sounds like Fun and I know you are itchin to go fast... but stop being a damn idiot and go have your car tuned before you blow it up.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

atlantamx3 wrote:...before you blow it up.
Might be a bit late on that one... :? from what he wrote on another board, all 6 rings are le dead majeur. No matter what those heads are coming off.

I sure hope you don't give up on this one steve.. I DIDNT EVEN GET A RIDE FAWK :cry: hehe... if you need a helping hand man, gimme a call on the weekend or somethin... even for moral support Image
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

bmwm3guy wrote:even for moral support Image
When I first looked at that is looked like Gay smiles.... Now I get it. :lol:

Anyways, All it takes is one detonation at 20 PSI and your motor is toast. But it sure sounds like blow-by from how you described it on probetalk cause that should really be the only way smoke comes out of your valvecover.
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

ahhhhhh man, that sucks soo bad. Makes me wanna go hit up a dyno asap. Sounds like you may have had your timing too advanced, so when boost came on.....boom. 20psi is alot of boost for being untuned, i'd only run 12psi semi tuned on my bp which is pretty stout, couldnt imagine running 20, too many variables to consider. Keep us posted. []Deace
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

atlantamx3 wrote:Sounds like Fun and I know you are itchin to go fast... but stop being a damn idiot and go have your car tuned before you blow it up.
Since my wideband broke, I tuned for 18 psi purely by ear.

There is a difference between being and idiot and not knowing what you're doing.

I wouldnt consider myself and idiot simply because I didnt go to the dyno to tune. It has worked out great for me thus far.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

1: GET VIDEOS NOW!!! (or at least soundclips)

2: What tires you running? I hope something VERY sticky

3: Your on a stock tranny with open diff? wow...thats all i can say :shock:

4: GET VIDEOS NOW!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

lol I didn't see this topic was going in (no email notification) anyways. ya 6 rings are dead. I was runnin fine on 20psi (14-15 degres timing) but I dropped down the boost a little for daily driving. that's when things went bad. For those who has MS will understand. I dropped down the boost WITHOUT changing the timing maps. That means I was running the numbers lower in the map (wasn't tune for it) so I was running like 24-25 degree instead of 14-15 (way too much) and I didn't notice it. result predetonation and 6 bad rings.

I'm taking the heads off soon, if the rings are the only problem, then I'm fixin and going ahead with my project (turbo cams, solid hla's head studs, tranny build etc...)
if the pistons are toast, there's no way I'm buying another set of pistons at the price they cost and I'm putting my car up for sale (well part out that is)

I surely hope though the the rings are the only problem.

and GRO yeah I was about to make some vids THE day things went the worst.
the only thing I got (no dyno, no slips, no vid.) is a 80-120 time
In 4th gear without downshifting, my 80-120 (kph) is around 3.8 sec. (not even in my power range) on 16psi untuned. probably like 3sec if I could downshift.
anyways that's it for me this year folks. Next year will be better. I will have a chance to enjoy my car at least
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

the pistons are brand new... I have a hard time seeing them tosted already unless the motor was REALLY running rough.... and you prolly wouldve noticed that.

This project is far from over :wink: :twisted:
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I can still run with the car easily but burning oil like crazy. I can even boost again at 20psi but with clouds of smoke. BUT I play things safe and parking the car. Tuning car destroy an engine fast even if it's brand new
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Damn that sucks, yea dont run the motor anymore! Doesnt it suck how a minor mistake cost so much money?
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “Forced Induction”