EBAY CAI oh! yes! another one....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Yeah I suppose I should change mine one day. I'll have to move all my MSD stuff to a different spot so that I can move the coolant resevoir and then relocate the intake pipe.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Slightly off topic, but James, in your picture of your engine bay.... the strut mounts and all around the bay look Creek Blue. Was that the original color of your Precidia and you just had the outside repainted white?
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

ummmm by any chance if I did buy that bomz intake at the top instead of a 2 piece intake would i still be able to put it in if I cut it in half
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

i got it in the mail got crappy adapters for it, but hey the work
all together $90 canadian took me a while to install like 3 hours cause it was dark out and I had a really crappy hack saw but I will post pics when I take them 2 marrow
looks nice but disapointed in the sound... but a lot more hp like 7 or so IMO
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

In reply to your question. My car was is white but I want to eventually change it to a Shadow-Blue Pearl Effect. I gave the engine bay a quick painting while I had the engine out. The rest of the car will be done once I have the $$$ and have fixed all the rust.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Sorry, for the off topic question. The pictures of the engine bays look great. I was wondering how you guys did the red tubing/wiring. Other than the ignition wiring, did you simply put sleeves over the existing tubing or did you replace it? If you did replace the tubing, what size did you use?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Bolverk wrote:Sorry, for the off topic question. The pictures of the engine bays look great. I was wondering how you guys did the red tubing/wiring. Other than the ignition wiring, did you simply put sleeves over the existing tubing or did you replace it? If you did replace the tubing, what size did you use?
There is wiring loom covers in various colours and sizes as well as vaccum and liquid coloured lines available through an automotive supplier. Gotta just look and ask and google and more importantly when using these forums, use the the search function. There's a plethera of info in there with just about all of the Q's and A's a newcomer could think of and is strongly urged to use. Welcome to MX-3.com Bolverk
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mx32nerDOTcom

Post by mx32nerDOTcom »

Nice engine bays guys, this is my progress pic...Nothin much right now, just the eBay Integra intake...Cut and fit for the mx

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 Spd <i>*In Progress*</i> 2.5L V6 SWAP IN PROGRESS NOW
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS/SE 5 Spd <i>*Project 2.5T*</i>
mx3ze

Post by mx3ze »

What do you think of this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-AC ... dZViewItem

Looks same +BYPASS VALVE C.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3ze wrote:What do you think of this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93-AC ... dZViewItem
Looks same +BYPASS VALVE C.
It looks to be a 2 piece and that being the case each of the 2 pieces has the necessary bends and length to be cut down to fit the V6. Don't know how or why you would want that extra filter since it will just suck in hot air from the engine bay making it a HAI and not a CAI. Totally up to yourself, but you can get away with a cheaper 90-93 Integra 2 piece unit. Don't forget you have to fit the VAF in there too.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”