Wednesday Meet in kennedy aug 3

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

So who is going cause im not going if I dont have someone to follow im not getting lost. If someone wants to meet up near the lakeshore/queenways area and cruise up I'll do that since no one from around here seems to be going.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

cdngrl420 wrote:So who is going cause im not going if I dont have someone to follow im not getting lost. If someone wants to meet up near the lakeshore/queenways area and cruise up I'll do that since no one from around here seems to be going.
Patti, I'll be travelling on 401 from Cambridge to Kennedy Commons. If there's a spot along the way just off the 401 you want to meet me, that's fine. Maybe the Hwy 6 south to Burlington cut-off perhaps, since that ones a little more familiar to me. But not too close on my *ss mind you .... LOL. Let me know
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

k john im 20 mins from cambridge i can meet u in cambridge since id be heading up the 403/qew not the 401 if i were going to KC (at least i think lol), jus gimme a time when i have to notify u by because i dunno if i really wanna go tonite i jus found out my cats dead and i dunno whether to be glad or pissy and i dont want to back out at the last minute, if you want give me a cell i can reach u at incase hespler has huge traffic or so we can pick a meeting spot.
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

Well then, here we go again. No ones really showing up again. :evil: Im still going and I will see you two there. I dont want to miss the show there!
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

well more bad luck for me i went to go get smokes and on the way home my tach and speedometer needles were going crazy then my cd player started turning off then everything stopped working altogether, took it to the mechanics and they told me my alternators gone so now i need a new alternator, needless to say i cant go to the meet
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Patti KC is just off of the 401 or should I say right beside it more or less so driving through QEW and 403 you're best route would be to stay on 403 up to 401. But there's nowhere that I know of to meet after 403 merges with 401. I am familiar with Hwy6 and 401. If your comming from Brantford take Hwy24 all the way to 401, take 401 east, exit south off of 401 on to Hwy6 to Burlington/Hamilton. About 500yds from the off ramp stop sign on the right is a small gas station and variety (I believe). I'll try to be there for 7:45 or sooner. That's about as simple as it can get. If you have FRS - Channel 7.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

anyone have a spare alternator for my car its a 4 cyl that be awesome i really need one like today
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

Im out!!
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

well things are starting to look up i have an alternator just looking for someoen to install it so there is a chance i might make it out to the meet unless someoen from the board wants to do it for some cash then itll save me soem looking time :lol: :help:
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

cdngrl420 wrote:well things are starting to look up i have an alternator just looking for someoen to install it so there is a chance i might make it out to the meet unless someoen from the board wants to do it for some cash then itll save me soem looking time :lol: :help:
Take it with you to closest Canadian Tire and say DO!!!! Quick, easy and no fuss. They really shouldn't be able to screw that up. 1hr job tops.
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

well the prob is im buying andrews hes in TO and I have to pick it up before i can get it installed who says ill make it from brantford to toronto and back on a dead alternator with jus the battery haha
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

Maybs i'll come next week if anyone wants to go
Should have the car back from paint this weeknd
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

cdngrl420 wrote:well the prob is im buying andrews hes in TO and I have to pick it up before i can get it installed who says ill make it from brantford to toronto and back on a dead alternator with jus the battery haha
Leave fans, stereo and every piece of electrical turned off. If your rear hand brake is sloppy enough, you may be able to drive with it in the first notch position providing it's not binding what so ever. Drive a few slow km's first to verify. This will keep the DRL (daytime Running Lights) off while you drive. The daytime running lights will eat up most of the juice. Bring jumper cables with you just in case. If you don't have any borrow some or buy some, they're always an essential piece of kit. Maybe Andrew will help you put it on. It's pretty straight forward and I'm sure he's quite capable of lending a hand, .... that's what we do, help each other out. Call it, after sales quality assurance .... LOL. Good luck.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Bring jumper cables and get someone to top off your battery before you go up and back, even then, take the battery out of the prelude and come basic tools to swap batteries if yours dies.

When the alternator was failing in spring on the 626, I drove from Port Colborne to Welland, stopped and restarted, than drove to downtown TO, stopped, started, drove n the city for at least 30min trying to find a way back to the highway and she finally lost all power at Burload drive, I did have a benefit, I only realised that I was losing power near the 427, and I was able to get power back if I rev the engine to 4k, i struggled from there to burloak, but I got hit with stopped traffic along the whole Gardner/QEW and at burload, I couldn't keep the revs up, so i lost power, but until the QEW/427 intersect, I wasn't conserving any power
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

the problem is my alt is completely dead

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”