Anyone interested in phenolic spacers?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I manually made a set of spacer in my shop earlier this year for the 8V SOHC in about 45min. Last week I needed a spacer made for a B5-ZE that is being prepped for a swap. Just found out a few weeks ago that all I needed to do was send the file down to the laser in the fab. shop and it would be cut out in a few minutes after someone put a sheet of phenolic in the machine. On the SOHC I haven't seen much of an improvement on power on the dyno or in seat of the pants feel either even though there is a significant reduction in intake manifold temp at idle and low rpms. Once the engine gets to about 2800rpm the manifold temp pretty much evens out whether the spacers are there or not
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

If your injectors are mounted on the head then you have a 1.8L BP series engine. Unless the 1.6L DOHC MX-3 B6's are in the head? I haven't messed with any of the NA 94-up B6's.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

JWMotorsports wrote:If your injectors are mounted on the head then you have a 1.8L BP series engine. Unless the 1.6L DOHC MX-3 B6's are in the head? I haven't messed with any of the NA 94-up B6's.
Im pretty sure my 86 B6T head also has them in the head. I am positive they are in the head on my B6DE.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Thats interesting! I've got a 88 J-Spec B6t and 2 early 90's B6t's along with the 93 SOHC B6 and they all have the injectors in the Intake Manifold right on the top side of each runner, partly in the head flange of the IM. I've also got a M1 B6 Miata intake manifold with the injectors in the IM as well.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

must be one early miata head. all the DOHC mx-3's 94 and up came with them in the head. the 1.6 ZE miata also came with them in the head, same design. my Jspec motor came with them in the head as well. alot better design to have them in the head, more direct. the new series of motors come where the injectors squirt directly onto the piston, that is nice.

only the late 80's real early 90's b6 came with them in the mani, there was probably some straglers along the way though.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”