Meet-- Thursday June 2nd, 8pm

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

awesome.......look forward to seeing everyone!
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

quicksliver wrote:There is no way us guys from the Barrie area are going to drive to Hamilton. Not a chance.
This can be the start of the rotating schedule. one person in each location to plan the meet...those who can show, show, those who can't make it cuz of the distance, plan your own, and post it on here. no matter where they're scheduled, i'll do my best to show up, and i know there's a few other die-hards that'll use it just as an excuse for a road trip.

barrie guys, pick a date/time/place, let us know. "if you plan it, we will come", but us toronto guys can't plan a barrie meet cuz we don't know the good spots.

whitby guys, same with you, post your meet, see who shows. i live like 10 mins from the woodbridge meet, but i work in pickering, so heading east a bit after work isn't too hard for me.

Of course there will always be some ppl who can't make it to some meets; so you just have to organize something that you can make it to and others will follow. don't think you're being excluded just cuz niagara region is starting to get organized...we all need plan local, and once in awhile it'll b worth the trip going to another region.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Oh please, enough with the "I'd like to go but it's too far". Exactly what does that mean? Is it that people love to attend meets but only when it's very close by or convenient? Not much of an enthusiast in my books. If that's the case, like Deimos said plan one for your area. Get off of your butt, find a suitable location, pick a date and time, contact the owners/proprietors for permission/concurrance, and post your suggestion/recommendation.

I firmly believe that there are those that are a little intimidated, nervous, affraid or whatever to venture beyond their own little sphere. Their comfort zone perhaps. Sooner or later your going to have to leave those insecurities and strings behind. Those other cities where meets are being organized are not going to harm you or eat you up. Cross that threshold and venture beyond your own little world...there's lots of great things out there!!

Flashpoint - good points made!!!!!
Those that are following all of the posts in here might find a common feedback response. "Hey that was great....Lot's of peeps and rides.....I'm comming again next time.......We should do this again....etc, etc etc.
There will be the occasion when there is minimal turn-out, but it's counter-productive to post comments to the negative inferring that your not impressed by the numbers or that you may reconsider the next time you want to attend another meet. Look to the positive....the next one (meet) WILL be better...and more than likely it will. Old addage, but it's true, "you only get out what you put into it".

I probably travel the furthest to these meets and find it difficult to understand why there are those that find it "Too Far". Again, like Deimos said, initiate your own, but please, for consideration of other more enthusiastic members, if it's too far and you don't intend on attending than that's fine don't, but posting your plight as to distance throws a negative spin on things, (IMO), and if we don't have anything good to say about the chosen location of a particular meet, then don't.

Jaimie, kuddos to you for taking up the responsibilty for a meet....and on a Thursday too....cool!!! It's been a ton of years since I've been down Hutch's way and it would be interesting to see again. (dating myself here...LOL). I'm trying to tie in other business in Toronto after work that day so I may be a little tardy. Ya, I probably won't leave Hutch's til about 10:00-10:30, ya that means I won't get home till about 1:00am (2.5-3 hr drive), ya that means that I wont get much sleep before work at 7:00am Friday morning, is it worth it....hell ya!!! Would it be nicer if I didn't have to drive so far...of course, but I can't change that, so I make the best of it, and that's what matters.

I think Patty (cdngrl420?) is trying to organize a meet in Brantford pretty soon. Again, Kuddos to Patty...a brand new member who is willing to step up to the plate and do the necessary logistical arrangements for a meet.

Cummon' guys, 2 meets...2 girls organizing....do we see a pattern developing here??? We have the makings of something really fun here....lets run with it.

Sorry Jamie, hyjacking is done, the rant is over, thread's back to the sane people....hope to be there on Thursday.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I always thought the *point* of these meets was to hop in your car, and take off for half a day (or more in your case John, you're crazy :D) In all honesty I was almost happy (almost!!) that i got lost yesterday. For a brief second i thought about just heading home cause I don't know the area, but i just figured the hell with it, yay more driving :) I think we all realize that not eveyone is gonna make it to every meet, but like i said, the point is to *drive*, not to head to the Tims across the street and wait for eveyone else to show up. Where's the fun in that? We *are* gonna end up having meets in various locales, so there will be one close by most people at some point, but the effort should be made by as many as possible to attend as many meets wherever they happen to be.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I know that this info is for Thursday night .......... but what is going on this weekend? I'll be at Shannonville track on the weekend and I can just leave there to go up ....
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

quicksliver wrote:There is no way us guys from the Barrie area are going to drive to Hamilton. Not a chance.
It's no more fair to ask people from Barrie to go to Hamilton, than is it for the Niagara crew to go to Woodbridge, than it is for the Hamilton people to go to Whitbey, than it it to ask John to go anywhere but Whitby. Our problem is that we have (neglecting the people over in Kingston/Belleville, no offence) over 400 square miles (yes, in actual miles) of ground to cover to make everyone happy, that's not quite possible. We need to be realistic and do our best to taylor to everyone, which is why we (or Deimos) suggested rotating meeting places.

As for a Barrie meeting place. I know of 4 other Mx-3 owners up there (MrSpanky and Fry_81 are temporarilly out of order at the moment). If you, the 3 other active member that come from Barrie (Fry_81 and his 2 friends, sorry their names slip my mind), that's a good 4, plus there's a very good chance of at least me showing up there as well, and maybe even a few more (my guess that jschrauwen, Kp2t and Deimos would be "crazy enough" to join as well) and even Mx3girsikrde is close enough as well. There can be a good meet in Barrie, there just needs to be a date, time and location organised
jschrauwen wrote:Oh please, enough with the "I'd like to go but it's too far". Exactly what does that mean? Is it that people love to attend meets but only when it's very close by or convenient? Not much of an enthusiast in my books.
As much as I stand by that opinion, it's not the right attitude to have. There's no point in forcing someone to come out to a meet, if they don't want to come out, there's nothing we can do, cause if they do come out, they won't he happy. Besides, it's not some uber-super-you-better-come-out-or-don't-show-you-face-again club, it's a gathering of enthousiats, and it makes sence to try to tailor to as many as we can, but if it doesn't work, we can't say we didn't try, but you need to be persistant too, the T-Dot Mx-3 club has suffered alot of poor attendences in meets, but persistance is what keeps it alive.

The Rx-7 club has a perfect example in the Ottawa Mazda Meet, where rotary owners from all over Ontario and Quebec converge into a single location once a year, but they do have the benefit of making the meet interesting, with a BBQ, drinks around a campire, and an intense and exciting cruise which I look forward to every year.

Now, as an opposite example, there's the Miataphiles, which is only a exclusive club which new members who want to access the message board need to come to at least one meet, than they have access to the message board, they're a very exclusive club.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mymx.3 wrote:I'll be at Shannonville track on the weekend and I can just leave there to go up ....

Wait a minute...what going on at Shannonville? :wink:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

My godson races Formula Ford and on Saturday and Sunday he has a race each day ...

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mymx.3 wrote:My godson races Formula Ford and on Saturday and Sunday he has a race each day ... DEB
I wonder how many would be interested in a drive to Shannonville on Sat or Sun to watch the races?

Mikey, my appologies for my over exuberance. I sometimes find it difficult to quell my disturbance with those who seem to regularly indicate their dislike for a specific meeting locations. Perhaps if that negative energy was directed in a more positive way, say, organizing a meet in their own area.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

hey... i really have no problem with you guys hijacking my thread as long as everyone comes to the meet this thursday :D im really looking forward to it i hope you guys are too!
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

i would love to go to the meet, but I think my waterpump is leaking, not sure if I should be risking the long drives.....

Not looking forward to paying the mechanic bill when I get it done
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

in all honesty i agree with john, if he can make it to the meets from where he is no one can say its too far, its just they dont want to drive out that far, its rather discouraging how hyped people were about a 9 car turn out in oakville in brantford when the hondas get together at timmies theres like 15/20 cars easy and thats only at one parking lot and brantford has like 30 timmies if my honda wasnt in such rough shape id join up a forum there they seem to have way more pride in the cars they drive
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

jschrauwen wrote: Mikey, my appologies for my over exuberance. I sometimes find it difficult to quell my disturbance with those who seem to regularly indicate their dislike for a specific meeting locations. Perhaps if that negative energy was directed in a more positive way, say, organizing a meet in their own area.
It not a problem, John, I just dont' want anyone to get upset/frustrated over it (it's not worth it IMO), and it may intimidate others from coming out, although, my though/feelings on the situation are identical to yours, it's just not the right stance to make this work.

As for the meet, there is a good possibility that I will not make it. My mom called me up yesterday to talk and she said that my dad voluntered me for some slave labor when I go home Thursday/Friday. He's redoing the cement floor in the garage, and i'll be wheelbarrowing the broken chunks from the old floor to a pile across the street. My dad gets back from work at 2:30pm, so this is prolly gonna be something that runs late into the evening (like when we was redoing the roof on the garage a few weeks ago, he just doesn't want to). I'll do my best to be there, but I can't guarantee it.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kp2t wrote:i would love to go to the meet, but I think my waterpump is leaking, not sure if I should be risking the long drives.....

Not looking forward to paying the mechanic bill when I get it done
What I used when mine was doing is this stuff called bar's leak, it took about a week but it stopped leaking after about a week, and ran it like that for a few months until i did my ZE swap. It might be something to consider, but it's only a temporary solution
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

ok, just looked it up, for those of you not knowing centenial parkway, its exit 88 on the QEW right after the skyway.
looks like a great location for a meet...i DEFINATELY havta remember my camera this time. if possible i might even show up early just to make sure i get more light (camera has no flash) for the view

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”