Improving Attendence At The Meets?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

Oakville Mall would be alright, since no one really shows at the woodbrige location,

I am so sorry I had to leave so early tonight, but I had some fun on my way home wid a prelude
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

i like John's idea about the sunday afternoon option, we may be able to get more people out for that.

i think an area like oakville/mississauga boarder would be an easier area to meet for people coming from niagara. maybe the Playdium plaza by 403 and Hurontario (hwy10) could work?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

good_glory wrote:i like John's idea about the sunday afternoon option, we may be able to get more people out for that.
Thanks Jaimie. I was thinking along the lines that it doesn't have to be mid day every Sunday but a least on 2 Sundays per month. People from east of T.O. as well as the contingents from the London and Niagara areas as well. I was thinking of a meeting place perhaps somewhere near Milton (home of Jeff, the Prez). Maybe Mt. Nemo area? Between Rob and the other chap in Waterdown and beacbum in Burlington and Jeff in Milton, they could come up with a mini road ride through the backroads and concessions between Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Waterdown, Collappison Corners, Freelton and back. Make the destination a simple place for a bite to eat, coffee or maybe just an ice cream. I'm sure between those people mentioned, they could come up with something creative that would keep people entertained and maybe show-off a little part of your world. The same could apply on other Sunday's, like Marlon and the group around Cambridge and Brantford. A collective of people there may be able to organize a very small "mini" road ride to show off their niche. Again, the Niagara guys as well. If one of those Sundays per month was set up that way and hosted by a ceratain area group, I think we would have a spectacular turn-out....not to mention it will always be a different spot every time. If realized, that would mean 1 Sunday for each of June, July, Aug and Sep for now. I think we have enough geographical diverse areas that could meet that challenge. Remember we'll only get out what we put into it. For each geographical area that means you would only have to be hosts once during the summer....not that big of a chore if you ask me...and of course there's planty of time to prepare between now and then. Remember...a mini meet with perhaps a road ride of 30 minutes or less to an alternate location for, beverages, food, snacks, treats, entertainment...who cares.
How does that sound??
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
punkindrublic

Post by punkindrublic »

i think a sundays would be good i have every other weekend off !! and i live in hamilton, with the toronto meets im usually workin or i dont want to make the drive in to T.O. I Think a good meet would be on a sunday around 4 in hamilton down at Hutch's Huge parkin lot, right on the water, there's always packs of cars cruisin down there, it would be a good place to showcase our rides, and alot of people are from the hamilton niagara region !!! just my 2 cents !!!!!

Simon
1995 MX-3 GS (black) stock engine... for now hehe...
MSfront... mssides... GS wing...
5" tach w/shift light... A/F, Volt, & Oil Pressure gauges in dash vents... front and rear strut braces....
WORK IN PROGRESS
beacbum

Post by beacbum »

I work every other weekend too. I would definetely show up for a Sunday afternoon sometime! Oakville/Mississauga seems logical, because its in between for alot of people.
RTT

Post by RTT »

Im up for a meet around oakville/mississauga/burlington area there are a few other people in my area that dont like the distance to the meet and they would probs come out to something closer!

And im sure someone knows a good country road near the milton hamilton area for a good cruise i kno a short one up through milton all country roads but its short...i'll work on getting some more places

Distance certainly is the major thing here so it seems obvious to switch up the location and make it for a weekend where most people have the time to spare to travel to a meet!
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

Marlon wrote:why not have a montly big meet thats in one of these locations

one in to, one in Niagara/Hamilton and one in k-w

we already have the big meet on july 3rd

maybe a meet it the end of july and then one in the middle of aug?

2 years ago we had a meet in kw and there were 7-9 cars i think
not to big but i bet we could get alot more now
i agree. i don't really have a big problem myself with driving up to TO the only thing is i'm a little short on my cash flow at the moment so i'm in the conserve gas as much as possible and still have fun time. but hamiliton sound like a good place to begin it's more of a middle ground foor most of us i think as long as you don't get lost in the city i've done that once or twice [/quote][/code]
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

That's a good idea John ... I could go to more meets and I don't have to worry about staying overnight ... OK ... when is the first one :froggie_red:
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
bandito

Post by bandito »

about meeting by playdium....the like to kick people out of that area pretty quick if they are "loitering" sp? so i am not sure how that would work but it might be worth a shot.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

There are really only 2 reasons I don't come out to the meets too often (ok, i've been to one, and that was last december). First, i'm not sure what is wrong with my car, although it doesnt seem to really affect performance, but the engine light has been on for about 4 months. Second, I tend to get lost on long trips driving by myself :). Not alotta people drive from Niagara to TO evey wednesday, except for Nd4spdSE, and he's still in TO on wednesdays. If I had more people to drive up with, I'm sure I'd attend more meets.

I *would* prefer to have a few meets closer this way, though, even hamilton would be better than woodbridge for me :)
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

I can see how a lot of you like west end meets but this isnt good for the east end people. Thats why I'm making an amendment to my earlier post.

Week 1: Whitby
Week 2: Hamilton
Week 3: Woodbridge
Week 4: Barrie

This would cover most of southern ontario for anyone that would like to meet up
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

johnnyb wrote:I can see how a lot of you like west end meets but this isnt good for the east end people. Thats why I'm making an amendment to my earlier post.

Week 1: Whitby

this idea i really like :2thumbsup: i really want to go to these meets its just every time i have the car ready to drive, something else breaks on it. :(
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I used to go out to a lot of the meets all the time back 2 years ago but then over the past year too be honest I kind of lost interest in my mx-3.

When we first started doing meets we had a pretty tight crew, but then over time many of them sold their cars and move on.
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

johnnyb wrote: Week 1: Whitby

unfortunately i think you'll lose a lot of people on the week you plan to meet in barrie. the first 3 could work well though.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

good_glory wrote:
johnnyb wrote: Week 1: Whitby
unfortunately i think you'll lose a lot of people on the week you plan to meet in barrie. the first 3 could work well though.
This is really getting scary Jaimie, took the words right out of my mouth. Having repeating rotational meets is a nice idea provided that there is a volunteer that will always be present from their respective area. I'm also going to assume that this rotational suggestion is for the Wednesday night meets....correct???
I believe that there seems to be a fair amount of support for the psuedo rotational Sunday meet/ride idea as well.
Judging by the amount of posts by individuals and their respective locales would be a good indicator as to interest. That said my list would look something like this for the Wednesday night meets;

Woodbridge
Milton
Hamilton (East End)
Cambridge/Brantford

Woodbridge: Having lived in the Barrie area, I know it's a quick scoot down the 400 to Woodbridge - 35 minutes or so - a short drive by any measure. Woodbridge lends itself to all parts of Toronto and the surrounding areas of Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississaugq, Oakville and Milton.

Cambridge/Brantford: This would be far enough south to capture possibly the London gang as well as the Kitchener/Waterloo people as well. And is still not rediculously too far for the Milton, Burlington, (Grassie...LOL (Joe)) and Hamilton people as well.

Milton: Could still capture all of the Toronto gang as well as the Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton and perhaps even the Niagara, Barrie, Cambridge/Brantford people as well.

Hamilton (East End): This would entice the Niagara gang more often, as well as capture the Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Cambridge and perhaps the Mississauga, Toronto people as well.

This is just my spin on how some of the Wednesday night meets could go.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”