Taras can you Help?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ok.. just checked up on getting a passport.. looks like it is not a very fast process.. *Sighs* Glad you mentioned that though.. I never would have thought of it.. I can just see what it would have been like at the border...

US/Canadian Official: "Papers Please?"

Tunes67: "Papers? I dont need no stinking papers!!"

US/Canadian Official: "Open fire boys!!"

So I guess I owe you my life as well Taras ;) I will get the passport application underway. Weird.. I know when I went up to Vancouver in 86 I didnt need one.. (Went to the Expo).. but I guess all the 9/11 stuff changed the security :?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Taras

Post by Taras »

Lol, you can try driver's licence and birth certificate combination, but they will not like it, lol
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Unfortunately its a moot point this weekend.. I just got back from my buddy's house where I completely inspected the brakes.. definately time for a break job.. Do the front brakes have a tattle tale system? Seems the noise I heard was actually coming from the drivers side front.. accoustic reflection made it sound like it was coming from the rear I guess.. but the shoes in the back show a bit of uneven wear.. the bottom shoe has very little life left but the top shoe has lots of meat left on it. The wheel cylinders are dry... but appear to be older than the current shoes & springs/hardware in there. I may just replace the wheel cylinders as well. My buddy Mike has graciously offered me the use of his garage Saturday (as well as his help on the car.. even if he dont know it yet ;) ) So this will be remedied in short order.. but.. it sucks up the spare cash I had. So gonna have to wait for another paycheck before I have the cash for gas for the trip and cash for the actual shipping. I do appreciate your help in this matter though and I am sure John appreciates it as well :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Taras

Post by Taras »

Fronts are usually fine as long as you lubricate the sliders.... let me know when you are ready.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ok.. brakes are taken care of.. Everything was in decent shape and I got the pads replaced before any drum or rotor damage occured.. new wheel cylinders & hardware in the back and a 4 corner bleed and she stops straight and fast.. brake pedal is like a brick in comparison to how it was before. So.. I have some computer stuff up for sale on a local BB.. It should all sell easily this week.. assuming it does.. I have the passport application in (I was told it would take 2 weeks but the lady said they often come earlier than that) so if everything goes according to plan.. I will be able to come up there on Saturday the 11th. No later than Saturday the 18th, if the passport doesnt come in quickly or I dont get the extra cash from my computer leftovers. And I will have the cash on hand to ship it with.

Question for you though.. If I prepackage the door panel before I cross the border.. do you think they will want to open the package (I assume they would) or make it go through some kind of customs inspection? It would take up less room in my hatch if I could just package it all up before hand.

Take care and thanks again for helping out :)

Tunes67

Taras

Post by Taras »

Don't package anything. If they will pull you over to check things, they will take the packaging apart, plus it will raise extra questions. I will be in Vancouver on the 21st of June and back on the 26/27th.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

if you package it befor comming into cannada they will charge you 30$ customs inspection fee and charge your for importing it to canada...just bring up the door and packaging seprate and just say its an extra part..
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yeah I figured thats what I would have to do.. was just sort of hoping I could save some time.. Its not like they arent going to figure it out... Ok.. this guy has a box full of packing peanuts and 2 cardboard sheets that just happen to be big enough for this door panel he is carrying to fit into.. oh look.. he has a tape gun in the back too.. ohhh.. and he has a shipping label and a pen in the glove box.. Book him Dano ;)

Tunes67

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”