Ram Air?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

mx3tuner wrote:this makes me think...I think it would be even cooler to run the ram air through the hood like on the old gto judges....it would be really really hard though to pipe from a scoop in the center of the hood to the opening for the intake...plus it would be hard to fit in a filter...oh well just creative thinking...let me know if you have any ideas
well you could do it a easier way and that would be to mak a fiberglass shell under the hood with a path way between the hood and fiberglass running down to the stock air box without the top and creating a small gasket that with the hood down would conect the path wat to the top of the air box thust creating a full true ram air set up you just have to make or install a rain guard at the opening of the hood scoop. all though it would be a hell of a lot easier if our cars were carburated then you just have to cut a hole in the hood and let the air filter stick out !
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

weaponr makes a ram air kit kinda what you guys were think with the hose that runs to the front bumper. it needs some modification though to make a ram air. it has a plastic cover that goes over the air filter. but it is not sealed so air can bypass the filter. i think it was used just to get cold air originally. all you have to do is plug off the back end and then you got a ram air. oh and reaper of souls you have a great idea and it would work if you ran the hose above in a slim oval shaped tube back towards the front of the engine then back towards the intake. or i have seen some mx-3's with a hood scoop near the front of the hood on the drivers side that makes ram air alot easier. just my 2 cents
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

ya i've seen hoods like that two most of the time time they are used just a as heat extractor vent but i've seen them work with the stock air box set up in the front of the car as well and ya it's alot easier that way. also doing it that way you could modify the air box to run pipeing down to the lower fender for cold air at idle for some quick take offs before the ram air kicks in. and my buddy just got one of the new weapon r intakes and that ram air tube on in works really good you jut have to remove the rain cover on the intake
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Ya know the more I thought about this the more I remember someone having like a Ram Air Scoop right about the Driver's side light or in the Drivers side fender. I bet if you searched through the Pic thread you would find it.
J0HN_R1

Post by J0HN_R1 »

8)

:arrow: Image
When this thing hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious TIHS...!

Return to “Forced Induction”