OUTLAW SPACERS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Hoodzy, I believe the goup buy is done by midnight April 5th.

$95 shipped

after group buy, they are $105 + shipping, so I would recommend buying them now or else pay more later.....
Last edited by Teal_93 on March 29th, 2005, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

know what shipping would be??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

shipping to alberta alot extra considering its all us funds, so spend your 95 bucks total now... no other costs that everything included for your precidia later.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Regular price is $105 + $6 shipping to US. & Canada

$111 Total regular price

$95 shipped sale price

That is a $16 savings!!!!!!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Sorry, I think these spacers suck.

I had them on for awhile and had some problems.

Not only did one of the bolts break in the cylinder head (the ones they supplied with teh kit), the spacers spaced the manifold up too high and the manifold basically DESTROYED the top sound-deadening lining on the underside of the hood.

They also made zero difference in power or heat. I could drive my car on the highway and pull into a gas station, turn the car off and the manifold would be hotter than hell. Yes I had the t/b and mani spacers on...no difference.

If anything they hurt performance, throwing your powerband curve off by a couple of hundred RPM which the ECU isn't programmed for. I would NOT recommend buying these.

I currently have my set sitting on my shelf awaiting a new owner on ProbeTalk. I won't be putting them back on evAr.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

well with that said i think it would probably be best just for me to wait
cuz i have bad luck and i may not even get a precidia or have enough money for those, so 16 bucks aint that much its worth seeing how u guys all like them!!:)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
scmorgan
Supporting Member

Post by scmorgan »

Gro Herlem,

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our product. We have had literally thousands of very happy customers over the years with virtually no complaints.

We would be interested in seeing the broken bolt, M8 fasteners are very robust and unless there was a defect in the bolt, there should be no fastener problems.

We have never heard of any previous difficulty with the sound insulation either. Don't strut bars sit even higher than the manifold?

We're not sure what you mean regarding your ECU comment. The ECU doesn't record anything having to do with torque and doesn't react negatively in any way.

The temp and performance differences are documented, however. We have instrumented tests results as well as many customer observations that backup the theory behind manifold insulators.

Remember, manifold insulators are nothing new. Performance enthusiasts have been using manifold insulator type products for decades. These products are offered for other applications through such respected companies as Ford Motorsports, Edelbrock, Spoon Sports, Hondata, etc. and are experiencing a large increase in acceptance in the import community.
Sean Morgan
Outlaw Engineering
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

hey,

i'm really debating about getting into this gb for the spacers. i've got the k8 right now and will get the ze later this year. few quick questions. 1. what is the difference between the k8 kit and the ze kits? is there any way to swap the k8 kit onto a ze later on? 2. since the performance is documented, what type of gains are we looking at with these? thanks in advance.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I heard these are re usable, lets say u do a klde swap, you can swap em out...not a bad idea. I might try this product in the following month. I understand its the k8...but ive heard good things so far.. i was negative but well my friend is getting some.. .. i want some too :P
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ovendenk wrote:hey,

i'm really debating about getting into this gb for the spacers. i've got the k8 right now and will get the ze later this year. few quick questions. 1. what is the difference between the k8 kit and the ze kits? is there any way to swap the k8 kit onto a ze later on? 2. since the performance is documented, what type of gains are we looking at with these? thanks in advance.
K8 spacers won't fit on a kl since the ports are bigger on the ze..well it can fit if you bore the spacers out...not sure about the tb spacer..
btw these spacers doesn't GIVE power but prevent from loosing it from the heat
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Gro buddy, I think this time I'm hoping that your wrong on the call, no insult intended. You know I value your constructive inputs and knowledgable expertise, but on this one I'm hoping that the kit will be of benefit. Besides, I've already paid for it. Hate to eat crow a second time after getting burned on a KL31 ECU.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

thanks babyblue. i was just wondering because their site says that the k8 kit will fit on the klde. i was just looking at the pics on the site and now can see the diff in port shape on the ze.

btw, ya i guess i should have said 'how well do they reduce heat loss in terms of difference of hp', but 'what type of gains' is easier and i'm lazy :P
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yes, i would love to see a dyno sheet that you recorded of a Probe, MX3 or MX6 that isn't made in Microsoft Excel or some other generic software program. The ones on your site aren't real dyno sheets & I've yet to see any ProbeTalk guys show dyno sheets with 8hp and 12 torque gains using your product.

I've read negative comments on PT as well, more like mixed reviews overall.

The bolt that broke was one of those brass-colored intake manifold ones. I was not putting a lot of torque on it either, I was trying to remove it and the head snapped off.

And it is common knowledge that lengthening or shortening the manifold runners will shift the powerband curves.

As for the manifold rubbing...the KLZE manifold barely clears the hood to begin with, but with these spacers the problem increases. The stock K8 manifold sits way lower and would clear fine w/these spacers, but not a Eunos 800 manifold

And FYI: on your site you list the curved-neck style as "MS8"....the MS8 is the straight-neck manifold. The curved neck manifold came on the Eunos 800 (aka jdm/edm millenia).

HEre is a pic of an MS8:

straight neck manifold
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Gro Harlem wrote:And FYI: on your site you list the curved-neck style as "MS8"....the MS8 is the straight-neck manifold. The curved neck manifold came on the Eunos 800 (aka jdm/edm millenia).
Oh Sh*t. That's the set I ordered because that's what was recommended. I hope Mr Morgan gets his sh*t together and straightens those confusing issues in the ordering menu. I posted a thread specifically addressing that particular issue. I'll hope that they read the notes addendum in the ordering form where I indicated ZE+Millennia IM+KL68 TB so as to correctly send the right set.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Gro Harlem wrote:yes, i would love to see a dyno sheet that you recorded of a Probe, MX3 or MX6 that isn't made in Microsoft Excel or some other generic software program. The ones on your site aren't real dyno sheets & I've yet to see any ProbeTalk guys show dyno sheets with 8hp and 12 torque gains using your product.

I've read negative comments on PT as well, more like mixed reviews overall.

The bolt that broke was one of those brass-colored intake manifold ones. I was not putting a lot of torque on it either, I was trying to remove it and the head snapped off.

And it is common knowledge that lengthening or shortening the manifold runners will shift the powerband curves.

As for the manifold rubbing...the KLZE manifold barely clears the hood to begin with, but with these spacers the problem increases. The stock K8 manifold sits way lower and would clear fine w/these spacers, but not a Eunos 800 manifold

And FYI: on your site you list the curved-neck style as "MS8"....the MS8 is the straight-neck manifold. The curved neck manifold came on the Eunos 800 (aka jdm/edm millenia).

HEre is a pic of an MS8:

straight neck manifold
this is not an ms8 Gro..Ms8 has a curve neck manifold just like a millenia.confirmed by some guys overseas
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”