Making K8ZE a KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

darkkiz wrote:
lakersfan1 wrote:Yeah. There's not enough to bore out the block safely. However, what you CAN do is take the crank and rods off a KL block, use your K8 pistons, and make yourself a 1.92 liter engine. You should be able to use the K8 ECU and K8 VAF with that combo, you'd just want to raise your fuel pressure a little at WOT so you don't lean out at ful throttle.
Not sure if the work of tearing your engine apart would be worth the extra .1 liter, though. You should be able to get another 3mm of bore out of it safely, then you could get KF pistons (78mm) in there, which you should be able to source as KF engines were used in Europe. Then, you'd be at 2.15 liters. That might be worth the trouble if it's all you can do legally.
But does the K8 ecu and K8 VAF suffice with KF pistons? And can the block handle it?
If you get a fuel pressure regulator, I'm quite sure you could get it to run just fine with the stock ECU and VAF. And can the block handle what? A 3mm overbore? I'm pretty sure. 3mm is .060" over, right? I know the KL can handle a 3mm overbore, so a K8 sleeve should be able to handle just as much overbore.
bubba_03

Post by bubba_03 »

Well hey dude if you real want some power definately turbo it! I was planning on turboing my K8 but I just gave up and money was tight. But if you are seriously interested, I have a set of Brand NEW Crower H-beam Connecting rods from my turbo project that Im trying to get rid Im only asking $300 Shipped to FINLAND! They are super sweet, if you want pics e-mail me at brooks2003@hotmail.com. Thanks and Good luck

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”