BPT Upgrade

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

I'd like to see your dyno result scanned, not that I do not believe you, but I'd like to compare with my setup! :)

Cheers,
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

Here you go.

wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

Ok, for right now, the big debate is weather I should go with the cutom turbo set up, which entails getting the T3/T4 turbo, custom making the oil return line, tubular manifold, downpipe, customizing the turbo inlet and outlet, adding the external wastegate this is about $1500US and I should still add fuel pump, injectors, changie the exhaust, hi-flwo cat and a S-AFC, all this should give me 60HP and of course we can build up for hore HP, but mind you, this would put me where I wanted to begin with, about 250HP.

or

send out the VJ20, have it cut open add the T3, now when I get it back, I would have to change the inlet and outlet to fit the hybrid turbo, but otherwise that is it and that is good for 325HP for about $1300US. I would still go ahead and make some adjustments, the exhaust with the hi-flow cat, the fuel pump, injectors and S-AFC

All opinions and advise are gratefully accepted and taken to heart, believe me.
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

Sticking with the VJ20 will be cheaper and good for more power? Where's the debate?
'95 RS: RIP
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

The T3/T4 set up leaves me with the ability to continue to upgrade for more power should I want to pursue it (I doubt it is a road I would travel)

With the Hybrid, well that is it, 325HP and I am done, I can't squeeze anymore out of it.

I think it's invaluable to receive the advice of others much more knowledgible than I on the subject...that includes you, becuase I do see the merit in your logic.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i'd go with the VJ-20...unless you plan on making this a drag car it is going to be hard to put all the power to the wheels without losing traction...there just isn't much weight to provide grip.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

ryan pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Too much power and all you're going to do is spin spin spin. If this is a street car, which it sounds like it is, even 325hp to the wheels sounds like it would be pushing the usable power you could get from our car without some more major mods.
'95 RS: RIP
bugzy's mazda

Post by bugzy's mazda »

How much boost can you run on 2.50 exhaust system?
Ride fast and ride hard you only live once.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I have never turned up the boost to find out, I have been running it at 9lbs, which is basically the stock setting. I plan on getting a few dyno runs with different setting before the summer is out, see what she does. Then over the winter we will start some if not all of the upgrades.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well what I might even do is just find a VF10/VJ20 hybrid off of fordlaser.com in AUstrailia and have them ship you one then get some 450 DSM injectors or 550cc and you should have 250whp I think...
D323

Post by D323 »

BuGS wrote:Well what I might even do is just find a VF10/VJ20 hybrid off of fordlaser.com in AUstrailia and have them ship you one then get some 450 DSM injectors or 550cc and you should have 250whp I think...
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention the vf10/vf8 hybrid idea....

you can mate the vj-20 hotside to the vf10/vf8 cold sides and see the same quick spool up and reach for that larger psi that you are trying to obtain.

You could even port the wastegate on the vj-20, then mate the 20 coldside to a T-Bird (I think its vj11 or vj14 or something like that) hotside and reduce spool up time even more so. Doing that would result in quicker acceleration and traction would be less of an issue than with a larger turbo.

just some options.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

I know someone who just got one of those hybrids from Australia, I want to see how his car does when installed. He just got it, so, just a little time and we should know what that set up will net.

It's nice to have alternatives.

Return to “Forced Induction”