Installation Question

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

manowar821 wrote:Don't you use the blue power antenna wire as the remote on/off for the amp??
The solid blue wire will only show 12v when in AM/FM source mode. This means your amp will be off while playing CDs. The blue/white wire shows 12v as long as the deck is powered on regaurdless of the source mode.

Some manufacturers do deviate from these standards and make the blue wire behave like a blue/white wire. But just to be safe, use that blue/white for your remote amp turn on. :wink:

:idea: Good luck CarMan, post any questions you have along the way! :P
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

TekPmp wrote:
manowar821 wrote:Don't you use the blue power antenna wire as the remote on/off for the amp??
The solid blue wire will only show 12v when in AM/FM source mode. This means your amp will be off while playing CDs. The blue/white wire shows 12v as long as the deck is powered on regaurdless of the source mode.

Some manufacturers do deviate from these standards and make the blue wire behave like a blue/white wire. But just to be safe, use that blue/white for your remote amp turn on. :wink:

:idea: Good luck CarMan, post any questions you have along the way! :P
Okay, thanks.. What exactly does the blue/white do besides remote amp control? It has to have a different purpose right?
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

It just shows 12 volts when the cd player is on.

Most people use it as the 'turn-on' for their amps

I've used it to turn on LED's and lights and stuff (with a relay)

but you could use it to turn on anything you can thing of
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

just make sure that if you're running a large load, like a set of neons or something, that you use a relay. they're easy to setup and will prevent possible electrical fires from pushing too much current through a wire that can't handle it. good luck.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Well, I tried the antenna controller first because it was easier, and it works if the deck is playing the radio OR the CD's, so I'm good. Oh, and there was no other cable that shows the 12 when on anyway, I dunno where it could be, or if its just not on this car... ::shrugs::
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

hey thanks fer all ur help guys, i put the head and rewired 4 speakers into my car yesterday, was very very easy

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”