Old post: ETDRacing 1.8L bp Tubular Turbo Manifold

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

thanks man
i already have my manifold, and paid full price for it
i just think it's great that a company made a really good manifold for ours cars
it's not a cheap ebay manifold, it's a quality part and u have to pay for that
so if u want a cheap ebay manifold thats not made for our car and that WILL crack get that and don't post in this topic
thanks

if u guys have any concerns about the quality of the manifold, go on miata.net and look at all the guys running there manifold with no problems, they also have a 500 hp miata
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
What

Post by What »

Like I said, I didn't think it was a terribly classy thing to post up 'I will build you blablabla' in the first place. I made a suggestion to grind the welds on Marlons, not JWs. For $650 and 10 people, I think it would be a nice addition. I know some of the most technical, anal, and experienced guys in the business, and all of them will naturally tell you they are the best. However, most of them have been at it for many many years, and the price of experience is not cheap. There are bonuses to having the use of experience or million dollar machines like HKS uses, and there are bonuses of getting the job done for good price of those motivated and don't have 20 years in. I personally don't care to see anything more about JWmotorsports welder, manifold, experience in this particular thread, but I'm more than happy seeing it in it's own thread.

I've seen and used merges like that before and they are not that bad. HKS manifolds like many high hp Supras, reverse back up and use a similar style of blending collectors. They are definetely not a hindrance to the power of the high power Supras I've worked on when built properly.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

You know 540 USD isn’t bad for a custom manifold. It looks real good. Personally I like it allot better than JW's 4-foot runners has got going on. And the welds look badass. I love how the they didn’t use a spacer in the center of all 4 pipes to fill the void when they come together. looks allot cleaner. defiantly you get what you pay for. The only thing I would do is to block sand the paint off of the head side of the flange to help ensure no leaks.

and i agree JW its not cool to try and sell your what ever, when hes obvously stoked about the one HE JUST GOT. start your own thred
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Josh wrote:You know 540 USD isn’t bad for a custom manifold. It looks real good. Personally I like it allot better than JW's 4-foot runners has got going on. And the welds look badass. I love how the they didn’t use a spacer in the center of all 4 pipes to fill the void when they come together. looks allot cleaner. defiantly you get what you pay for. The only thing I would do is to block sand the paint off of the head side of the flange to help ensure no leaks.

and i agree JW its not cool to try and sell your what ever, when hes obvously stoked about the one HE JUST GOT. start your own thred
u can ask for the manifold not to be painted
it's more expensive 4 u guys in the us cause of the strong canadian $
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

i like the blue pipes.. ur manifold is pretty 8) looks like a spider
92 Autozam AZ3

Return to “Forced Induction”