Mini-Meet and Dinner - Saturday March 19/05

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

ratkon wrote:Ok,this s--- is getting way out of hand.Josh,where do you get off calling someone a prick?From what I see on this forum,Will is doing anything and everything in his power to make this club a success,as is Kevin.I dont see anything comming from your end.Im not knocking Kevin,or anything he has done.Hell,i dont even know either one of them.I do hope to run into both of them in Kelowna,and share a beer or twelve with them.All Im saying is, if a government doesnt have any opposition,it gets lax.Same goes for this club.As far as that your remark about getting slammed harder.Son,know who your talking to before you speak,you could get an eye opener.Now that I pissed off allmost everyone here......CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.Piece.
your rite i shouldent have said that at all. i think its great that Will is out trying to do many things. like i said before i would be alot more involved if i didnt live 3 houres away, and everything i do is threw kevin. like i said before iv been working two jobs and its hard to find time to even make it out to the meets. i go to most all of them. i appologize to everyone for acting the way i did.

and will im sorry for the attitude iv given you as of late, maybe im wrong and you are what everyone needs. i joined the club for the one reason, to meet others with the same intrest as i, and i accompleshed that and have formed several freindships from that. so i look at the club as a success.

trust me i premote MX-West in WA i taalkto other mxrs and put notes on other cars.
its like the Pacific north west meet last year. their were at least 10 people that said they were comming out, no and ifs or buts, it was a potluck everyone had things they were supposed to bring. and we had the meet in a center location so everyone would have about the same driving time but me, i had alot longer. no complaints cause i was looking forward to it. one other person showed up other than Dan and i. so a total of 3. from what was supposed to be at least 10. that is what Kevin deals with at EVERY Meet except on a bigger level, theirs around 30 mambers. after five years of this it would get kinda old for anyone. i cant drive up to Canada every weekend i spend over 200 USD a month in gas just on driving to work. their are only a hand full of us that really want this to work, and who want to go to meets. so we are the ones that show up.

sorry for the long post
but as for the Levinworth trip i really need to know how many people are intrested in actually going. i found town houses that rent for around 180 a night min of two night stay, BUT they sleep 6 and theirs a pool and Hot tub. and tons of parking. but if we want to do this we need to reserve them now they have a couple to rent. they are the absolute cheepest i have found, i spent a few weeks on it now waiting for replys, and i took a day trip. but the rooms are filling up fast. it ends up being around 60 -80 dollars per person. so if everyone wants to let me know then i can get it booked.
once again i appologize for the name calling it should remaine off of the forum. sorry
Will sent you a PM
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

and will im sorry for the attitude iv given you as of late, maybe im wrong and you are what everyone needs. i joined the club for the one reason, to meet others with the same intrest as i, and i accompleshed that and have formed several freindships from that. so i look at the club as a success.
apology accepted

to all: I don't want to be the center of contriversy, so I throw out a general sorry to everyone affected. Hope to see more people at the meets. Wish i could find another way to make more people wanna come.

Sincerely, Will
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

n_o_s_21 wrote: apology accepted

to all: I don't want to be the center of contriversy, so I throw out a general sorry to everyone affected. Hope to see more people at the meets. Wish i could find another way to make more people wanna come.

Sincerely, Will
we have a car wash with chicks in bikinis and lots of soap. well at least we could advertize it that way. :lol:
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I know completely what it is like with being busy at work and barely having energy left for club stuff. I have to focus on building a house too and I always feel terrible for putting off things. I have many of the similar issue with running the Calgary club and maintaining both websites. It's almost overwhelming at times. When we have events in Calgary, I've noticed that a lot of people forget about events and it's an honest mistake that I occasionally do as well. I'm starting to send out reminder emails 2 days before the events just because were only human. As the club expands it probably wouldn't hurt to appoint an events coordinator so that all the pressure isn't on one person. That will be something I will want to implement in our division eventually but for now it's not too bad. I appreciate all the support I get from the members in our division and having Justin back as our Calgary VP will help alot too. I think we all need some stress relief... We shouldn't take it out on eachother. When I first came to MX-West, I was so amazed at how friendly everyone was and how well everyone got along. When I started the Calgary Division, I wanted to bring the same atmosphere here and so far so good. Every year I look forward to seeing all of you in BC since you are all great people to be around. There should be around 6 to 7 Calgary MX-3s going to the annual MX-West meet this year so you'll be able meet even more of us. :D

I will take a quick trip up to Kelowna and meetin up with Kevin in Early to Mid April to find a good spot for the June Annual MX-West Meet. Hopefully we can plan a super fun weekend that everyone will enjoy.

But anyways....since this topic is about a Vancouver Mini-Meet and Dinner on March 19th, I'll let you all get back to discussing it. I should probably organize a Dinner Meet after our International Auto Show this month....

Talk to you later everyone! Have fun at your mini-meet! :D
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I was worried that I would not be able to make it..but luckily my work schedule changed to a decent one again. so I WILL be there at the mini-meet.

What people are forgetting is that the people on the boards here most of the time ARE the die-hards coming out to the events. It is the people who don't read and don't participate who often-times don't come out.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Hey Kevin, I'll be there around 7pm. I get off work at 6:30 in new west.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

To reitterate. I WILL BE THERE!

Just hold on until 7pm. That is when I'll be able to get there.

and I pray my tire holds (leak in rear passenger, getting it fixed sunday)
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Josh wrote: i would be out every time if i didnt live 3 fricken hours away same with Dan and Clayton, and several others in WA.
Hey if I only lived 3 hrs I would be at more. The whole 6 hours is what gets me... :( But May, June, Sept., and Oct. meets should be fun this year if I ever finish my car....

BTW, For all those who don't think the Leavenworth thing is worth it, you are dead wrong. I like 30 mins away and I go there every year. Seriously, Leavenworth is worth it. Beautiful city and it is a great place to be. Christmas Lighting is the only festival bigger than Octoberfest.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”