cooling fans for my amp

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Yah! I can tell you all about water cooling. I have done it a few times, and I had a PC with it.

You won't need a fan for the device you are water cooling, because the heat is being pulled away BY the water. Then you run the water through a radiator, back through the pump and all over again. Its like air cooling a car, or water cooling a car (all modern ones use water cooling, you know, radiator?)

You could do the same for an amp, and even get a bit more power out of it, seeing as it would become more stable. There are also water cooled subwoofers... Where the water is run around the voice coil(s). Its hard to do (REALLY hard for car audio) but definately worth it if you are trying to get extreme performance.

I had my 1 ghz athlon running at 1.6 ghz. STABLE mind you..
The same concept goes for amps, the more heat, the less stable. If you can get that heat down, you can get more power.

Oh, and yes you use pure water and some kind of chemical to keep mold or moss from forming. HAHA, i've seen a friends computer with water cooling have mold the size of marbles grow in the radiator.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”