Loss of pressure (vacuum & compression test results

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

how old is cap rotor and wires?fuel filter?
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

I can only assume the cap rotor and wires are as old as the car. I'd imagine the fuel filter's been changed at some point, just a question of when.
'95 RS: RIP
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

try unplugging one spark plug wire at a time when ideling to see if one cyl is not firing,careful not to get a shock,use insulated plyers. if they are on tight then with car off pop each loose and slide over sparkplug but dont snap it on,stare car and remove 1 at a time with plyers if the wires are old they may be your trouble,if they are original they need changing.does it idle smooth ?
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Take you plugs out and take a picture of the electrode end of each one for us. Looking at the plugs can tell you a lot. Also, go ahead and put a new distributor cap and rotor on w/ a new set of plug wires. I recommend NGK V-Power plugs w/ Magnecore Plug Wires. If you can't afford the Magnecore wires get a set of NGK wires. Also replace the O2 sensor, pcv valve, fuel filter. Get a can of Sea Foam Deep Creep or Air/Intake cleaner and clean the throttle body and intake manifold (inside). Pull each vac hose cheaking for carbon blockage and clean if needed. This is a tune up, which it sounds like your in need of. Also run a bottle of Red Line fuel injector cleaner through it, 1 whole bottle when you fill up with gas. Do it again for the next tank of gas, then go to 1 time per month to help things stay cleaner. Please send us pics of the plugs BEFORE you do anything else and then a little while after the tune up also.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”