Turn signal housing

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Taras
Many thanks for all of that. I finally received the final portion instructions of this project from whats left of Luc's web site (most of the pics are missing). Already got the same sockets, and bulbs...as a matter of fact the last unit's silicone seal is drying as we speak. For the time being I've tapped into the park light circuit and will wait until the J-Spec headlight install with new harness is done and re-evaluate. Luc's web site suggested using these new small additional lights inside the turn signal lenses as a DRL replacement. I just don't think the local authorities would buy into those little lights as being DRL's. What do you think?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Taras

Post by Taras »

John,

Until, when and if, you will change over to HID, use the proper High beams or Low beams (if your high beams are really good) as your DRL's. They were designed to make you be seen on the road. Little 1"by1" parking lights are just not enough. Your J-specs will be prefecty suitable to be used with current DRL hook-up. Just my opinions.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

:2thumbsup:
Taras wrote:John,

Until, when and if, you will change over to HID, use the proper High beams or Low beams (if your high beams are really good) as your DRL's. They were designed to make you be seen on the road. Little 1"by1" parking lights are just not enough. Your J-specs will be prefecty suitable to be used with current DRL hook-up. Just my opinions.
:2thumbsup:

Thanks Taras
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

kew!

Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Thanks Gro - project done.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”