Yet another of my stupid posts (sorry)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Of course I know now one cares..but well for future rference if anyone has issues like i had... my kat coverter WAS clogged.... this causing loss of power..also my IDLE SPEED was set to at around 400 rpm... the idle screw (my theory) is the one that controls how much air comes in to the car at idle...so I set it to 900 - 950 rpms. The car pulls AWESOME. As for the removed kat coverter..its not loud at all.. the Obx muffler (if thats the brand) keeps the tone low and descent...none of that rice crap. Car feels like a new machine..I dont like the noise the filter makes at idle..it sucks to much air but well it feels faster.. Ill keep posted if the problem persists..but YES my kat was clogged being one of the main reasons my car sucked. I still have the missfiing when cold..biut that i can live with.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

As it's mentioned in the TPS adjustment reference, you may have to do it a few times to get it spot on. It's a very finicky piece to adjust - like it said, it may take 2 or 3 cracks at it to get it just right. Coincidentally, there is another thread running concurrently that addresses the TPS issue with an added (UK) DIY TPS instruction. Let us know how it turns out.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”