Not Good... Not Good At All....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

johnnyb wrote:so dont tell your insurance company....

theres tons of people that dont and they never know because the ZE looks identical to the K8 with the exception of the IM. No mechanic would be able to tell
Anyone can tell just by reading the engine number. And in UK you have to report engine number change to the licensing authority.

If the insurance get a sniff that something's not kosher, they will start to look, and suddenly it's not insured and you're in court. Not worth the risk.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
andy

Post by andy »

I'm going to assume that "cambelt" is the timing belt and the seized pulley
is the crankshaft pulley. I would find it very hard to believe that the crankshaft would not come off with the proper puller. there are two threaded holes there just to insert a puller into. The first time I took mine off I used a puller, came right off. I know your at their mercy but this sounds suspicus.

good luck

Andy P. 93 GS
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

IanL wrote: Anyone can tell just by reading the engine number. And in UK you have to report engine number change to the licensing authority.

If the insurance get a sniff that something's not kosher, they will start to look, and suddenly it's not insured and you're in court. Not worth the risk.
Then just grab a KL crank and rods and stroke the K8 block to 2.2 liters. :idea:
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

lakersfan1 wrote: Then just grab a KL crank and rods and stroke the K8 block to 2.2 liters. :idea:
Interesting idea - has it been done?
Do you know the effect on low-end torque?
Any idea of the best ECU & VAF combination?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”