Anyone kno cheap paint places?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
JWMX3

Re: yeah

Post by JWMX3 »

drewleedham wrote:if the price is right, i'd get a full paint job as well. nothing too fancy though.
if the price is right, I'll need a full paintjob as well, but im not sure , May might be too early, we''ll see...... :roll:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

I need a full rust removal and paint done.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Mad_Medeiros

Post by Mad_Medeiros »

I might need new doors (hope not) and my quarters had rust but it was fixed.. im afraid its gonna come back tough.

I just want a nice cheap stock repaint
stock 93 GS, 5 speed
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

You get what you pay for...end of subject.
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

indeed you do, however if we bring our cars in remove the plastic mask everything and we are getting them 10 cars of business plus the word of mouth in the mx-3 community we will get a good price and good work. ye of little faith.
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
RTT

Post by RTT »

wow tonz of peeps want new paint! hopefully u can hook this up ateana cuz that would be awesome. I ve seen the baby blue mx-3 and the yellow one but this is a dark blue one no idea who it is tho...maybe we'll see him out this year.

keep us posted on the paint stuff!!

Rob
bandito

Post by bandito »

i could use a paint, just maybe a metalic black or something maybe gunmetal... i have a fairly large dentish on my pass side rear quarter....thanks to the previous owner :cry: and a few little dings from balls i guess? who knows but i would be down for this in a couple of months.
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

ok guys heres the deal. im pretty confident we are gonna get a good price here but heres what i need. i need to know the type of car. the color you want (including the orignal). and also the body work that needs to be done (like rust work and stuff). lets get the list going.
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
RTT

Post by RTT »

ok here are my specs;

1994 Mazda MX-3
The paint color everything will b painted is 11R and that is the stock color.
It will need some work, fiberglass work on the front bumper to strengthen it up and then molding on the sides and rear.

I think thats about it! Thanks for getting this all set up!

RTT
:werd:
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

92 MX3
It's red and I want it to stay red, but maybe a bit darker.
Has a bunch of little dings all over and need all the rust removed (including around the widshield, it'll have to be removed). And I want the front body pieces all aligned (fenders, hood, bumper).

I think thats it...
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

94 MX3 GS

Stock color is sparkle green metallic... i want it painted turqoise
It will have an unpainted body kit installed already (4pc)
2 dings to fix
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
drewleedham

Post by drewleedham »

93 MX-3 GS (SE)

It's now raspberry metallic but I'd like something different I think, depending on how much more it is to change colours. I also need some body work done - a couple of small dents pulled out and the rear quarter panel pulled out as well.

edit: yo joe. a full bodykit?
FOR SALE: 93 MX-3 SE
Strife

Post by Strife »

I've used a body shop in Thornhill for all my work over the years and after reading this thread, I called him up to see if we could get a group buy discount of some sort. He does a lot of work for dealers and car clubs and he gurantees paint match (if you're going for OEM-look).

Anyway he mentioned we could get a special discount pricing for paint if we setup a group-buy with him... he'll do entire cars, parts, body work, kit installations, shavings and so on

Here was his quoted group-buy pricing (I forgot to ask how many people we need on board to get this pricing, but once we have a firm number we can go back and negotiate):

bumper/bumper panels - $150-$170 (depending on colour)
side skirts - $75-$90 (depending on colour)
front/rear lip/spoilers - $100-$120 (depending on colour)
fenders - $100-$120 per side (depending on colour)

This is about 25% off his regular pricing, so I'm assuming we'll need a handful of people... if it seems like I'm hijacking the thread, I don't mean to... I'm just going to be a participant in this group-buy too and I'm not affiliated with any shop, but shopping for best pricing around the GTA never hurt anyone and if we can drive the prices down, our entire club benefits :)
bandito

Post by bandito »

black 95 mx3
like to keep it a black metalic or a dark metalic silver.

rear quarter pannel dent and a few smaller dents all over the place.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I'm in if the price is right (aren't we all??). Sometime around May would be ideal, but I need to know relatively soon (april-ish) so I can finalize my yay or nay. EIther way, here's what I need:

Currently the car is chaste white, want to go bright white, with a bit of British Racing Green pearl, and perhaps some navy metallic fleck. There's a little bit of surface rust in spots, and there are a few minor dings that need to come out.
As far as I know, I'm not getting a body kit, but assume at least that there will be an aftermarket front bumper/lip. If i can get a full kit at a decent price (anyone getting rid of a Pak rear end??) I might go for it.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”