New Body Kit in progress

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

yeah I looked into patents for my projector design and it was ungodly, you realy need al petent lawyer to get one.
As for the bumper I'm interested in the one that was posted a few eeks ago and noone could definately identify what is was or who made it. It was similar to the MS design with a bit more flash. I would be interested in a new design b/c I think the MS is the only good looking design, but it is very popular on the MX and I would like something that not everyone has.
In order to say I would buy one I'd need a drawing or photoshop pic to give a yay or nay.
How wil you make it from urethane? That stuff is very hard to work with and even harder to mold, the only way I can think of would be a two sided compression mold that would keep the liquid somewhat even in thickness. The mold would have to be perfect and VERY strong to hold up to more than a few moldings.
Good luck and I hop to see some picture of the design soon.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

uuhh Pat- That one you liked was a custom design by Chris Barros, a MXer in Brazil.

Everyone likes it.

He just cant seem to get it to Oscar @ Pakfeifer to make a mold of the damn thing.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

I'm more concerned with getting it built, but I will go through proper channels when it finally comes together. Though it's looking to be a good while. I got a little done before life decided to pummel me with its troubles. Thanks for the advice!
on the subject of patents: my grandfather got one for a device he made for golf course equipement, he then nearly had to sue his "lawyer" to get any money out of it. What prompted that was seeing his thing selling, but no checks coming. So, you have to get a lawyer, then watch him like a hawk. I'll get this thing made first, then see what everyone thinks.
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X

Return to “New Product Development”