HID CONVERSION WITH NEW FACTORY LIGHTS

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mx3frik

Re: HID CONVERSION WITH NEW FACTORY LIGHTS

Post by mx3frik »

EWW! Kill it!

IMO: 12K lights, gross, plug and play kit, gross (and now banned), combining the both...

If you really don't wnat that 700 bucks or so, gimme, you can have my piaa solitairs you might get some better light with them :2thumbsup:

But if you're doing this as a pure cosmetic mod on a not so much on the road car then it's all good. You did say you read up on lights for a while...I'm sure you took all the controversion into account...

Eugene
Taras

Post by Taras »

I guess they do say in plain bold there that it is an extreme ultraviolet. And they are right. I thing I disagree with is that it is as white as sunlight. Sunlight is about 5000K not 12000K. Don't waste your money, I'll say it again.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

LOL...the sun is not that much ultra-violet. ALthough it does produce some, if it had the same ratio of lighting throughout the spectrum as those lights, our skin would burn off if we spent any time at all outside.

And agreed, those things are fugly eugene. Just buy some cheap bulbs off of e-bay for $15. That is what I did - and wish I didn't after I got serious about learning about lights... oh well.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mx3frik

Post by mx3frik »

Oh come now we all have some point got the ricey bulbs to try out :) That's step 1...then people realize how much tye suck and want to retrofit.

A good cheap option is to build a harness and put in some up-wattage non-blue/white/rice halogen bults. I find the light to be a bit better than the stock setup. Mind you my mx is a 92 so there'd be lots of room for improvement.

Eugene

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”