Headlight Dirty Inside

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: Headlight Dirty Inside

Post by Mnemonic »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JDM:
If your lights dusty/fogged up from the inside you could do two things to clear them up.<p>1. Take your lights apart and clean them. To take them apart you need to bake/heat them up in the oven over 10 min period. Preheated oven to 225F. Turn oven off when lights are inside. Use cookie sheet. You will need to use Black RTV sealer to put them back together. Make sure no leaks (air test, plug vents)<p>
2. Use distilled water and gentle soap and try cleaning them without taking them apart. Rinse. Air dry.
<hr></blockquote><p>
he he he for some reason i have an idea that someones gonna try to put them in the dishwasher<p>[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: Mnemonic ]</p>
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
smooth933

Re: Headlight Dirty Inside

Post by smooth933 »

I had yellow head lights to when I got my Mx, but I found a lil trick that worked pretty well. I went to pep boys and got a can of turtle wax polishing compound, I rubbed on a thin coat and wiped it off, you seen all the yellow come off. so I did a couple more coats, crystal clear. :idea:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”