Double Clutching?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Shades

Post by Shades »

Either or works... but I like to do it just before the corner so that I can pull through with ease. :lol:
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

i'm with darcy on that one
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
What

Post by What »

Fuel on most imports these days, and many days ago, is cut under decelleration. Gas mileage should not be worse... some of my best gas mileage I ever got (50+mpg) was in the mountains from a combination of this and other benefits

I've seen some newer stockish Hondas get driven hard at the track, decel from 7500rpm and after several years of abuse, starts to let by some smoke. Likely combination of rings from some lightweight parts succumbing to too much heat at high rpm, and valve seals. My friends Swift Gti was bagged with 300,000kms and 7 years of constant auto-xing, nitrous, etc. bouncing off the revlimiter at 7500rpm vs. in some corners where it wasn't a bonus to shift, rev-match to high rpm decel on the street (at least everytime I was in his car), and the car never blew smoke.

That said, perhaps the ol carbed V8s would have a noticeable effect in daily efforts to slow yourself down, but you are not likely to really notice the wear and tear from normal driving on the street. Properly designed exhaust brakes (not Jake brakes) on diesels would be globally frowned upon if they were known to 'accelerate engine wear' to such noticeable levers. There are many worse life shortening situations for a car to be in.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”