West Coast Mazda MX-3 Meet 2002

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Re: West Coast Mazda MX-3 Meet 2002

Post by MX-West Car Club »

We are offically 2 weeks away from this years West Coast Mazda MX-3 Meet 2002. Hope you guys have started washing and waxing the baby. Anyone who needs directions to the meet, please do not hesitate to contact us at mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca . See ya in 2 weeks my fellow crazy MX-Westerners. :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Well I was thinking of driving up from Portland and joining you guys for the meet on Sunday. Is there a hotel close to there?<BR> I also am not too sure on how far you guys are from me.. Any idea on how many hours of driving I am looking at? Thanks!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX-West Car Club

I'll have to check the local yellow pages and e-mail the info to you later tonight. There's a Comfort Inn not to far from the meet location. It's just over 5 hours from Portland to Vancouver, Canada. I beleive Rich and Derrick of Cork Sport are coming up on the saturday night or you can come up earlier on the saturday and join a bunch of us at Import Revolution.<p>[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-West Car Club:<BR><STRONG>I'll have to check the local yellow pages and e-mail the info to you later tonight. There's a Comfort Inn not to far from the meet location. It's just over 5 hours from Portland to Vancouver, Canada. I beleive Rich and Derrick of Cork Sport are coming up on the saturday night or you can come up earlier on the saturday and join a bunch of us at Import Revolution.<P>[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Unfortunately I have to work on Saturday until three or so. I am going to leave right after work. Maybe I can get a couple more people from Oregon to drive up there too and have the USA represented!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MX-West Car Club

That would be sweet if you can bring some more MX-3 owners up from Oregon. I know there will be a few from Washington state coming up for the meet. We only saw 2 MX-3s down in Portland when we were there back in May. Import Revolution is on until 11pm if you get the chance to pop by, if not we'll see ya at the meet. Let me know if you need directions.<P>Thanks
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I emailed the two MXers here that I know. I will definately be there! Looks like there will be a nice crowd of mx-3's showin up. Hmmmm if I leave here by five or so I should be there by ten. Maybe I could still swing by the import show? Directions would be great!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MX-West Car Club

Hey Jarid, I'll have to e-mail the directions and a map to you over the weekend. I don't have it here with me at work. You can also us map quest, not too sure what the URL is though. <P>Thanks
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

How many people usually show up for the meet? I have never really been to a just MX3 meet before. Sounds fun!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Last year we had about 23 MX-3's show up for the annual meet. And you're right that it is a lot of fun!
Edison Wrzosek<BR>Webmaster<BR>MX-West Car Club<BR>http://mxwest.tripod.com/
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Here is a stupid question.. Do I need a passport or somethin?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MX-West Car Club

No question is ever stupid. To be on the safe side, it would be best that you bring a passport with you if you have one. If you don't have one, bring your drivers license and your birth certificate.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Um, I don't think so, but since the 9/11 incident, security at the borders has been hightened substantially. You might want to give your local border crossing/customs agency a call, and let them know that you are planning to head to Canada for an auto show and ask them for any documentation requirements they may ask of you at the border.<P>Just to be on the safe side, I would have a passport, and some form of proof to confirm that you are going to an auto show, either a receipt from the show ticket purchase, or something similar.
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-West Car Club:<BR><STRONG>No question is ever stupid. To be on the safe side, it would be best that you bring a passport with you if you have one. If you don't have one, bring your drivers license and your birth certificate.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>BAH! Beaten by a minute! :D
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>Well I was thinking of driving up from Portland and joining you guys for the meet on Sunday. Is there a hotel close to there?<BR> I also am not too sure on how far you guys are from me.. Any idea on how many hours of driving I am looking at? Thanks!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There is a Hotel on Fraser and South East Marine Drive call The Best Western. It's not too far from Langara and it's resonably priced.
MX-West Car Club

I thought that was a Quality/Comfort Inn with the bowling alley across from Volco Tires, right. Anyways, there are a few down by the airport area as well that are a few minutes from Langara College.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”