mazda motors for mx-3

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
JWMotorsports

Re: mazda motors for mx-3

Post by JWMotorsports »

Drag323.....

I REALLY hope you didn't put stock B6T rods in their and expect them to hold up!?!? With the kind of power a 35-40R turbo puts down it would snap em like a stick!!! Maybe not immediatly, but it wouldn't take long!!! To reliably run that kind of power you need forged pistons & forged rods!!! Carillo makes arguably the best rod. The B6T rods I've heard can be pushed to about 350-400HP before it becomes a REAL concern! The weakest link in the BPT/B6T bottom ends is actually the rod bolts! Next I'd say the pistons, then rods, then crank, then bearings. If I remember correctly a GT35-40R flows enough for about 700+HP, which if you could track it, you could push the car into the 9's for sure...possibly 8's in the quarter. Wish you the best, I'm gonna be your competition (funds permitting LOL)! :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
korban

Post by korban »

fastest mx3 i seen was in the republic, they had a jacked mx-3 with a turbo 19b cosmo rotory engine in .. they used an rx-3 and gutted it to get the rear wheel drive system. Heavy body work and modding, ran high 7's very sick ...
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Marcos Acosta's Rotary MX-3 Dragster (Drag Strip)
http://www.mx-3.com/race/
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

Originally posted by aaron the hic:
we are sorry, u seem quite pleasent ;)
he does dont he
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”