Street Racing Kill Story!

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
maldo

Re: Street Racing Kill Story!

Post by maldo »

None of them run BPT engines. They are using BP blocks with NB cylinder heads. All of the extremely powerful miatae run TEC-II or III ecus, most are using either Ric's kit or a homoligation of several kits. The stock internals on Ric's car made it to 400rwhp but he changed transmissions like I change underwear. Mazda never designed their transmission cases to be very strong, the G-series and the rwd 5sp Miata transmission both have very weak cases. This would be a big issue. Big power Miatae are running close to 2.0L or if you are creative like Danny, you did an FE3 swap and will have over 1000rwp by the end of the summer. Boost control will be vital to getting any traction, ideally you would want an rpm or gear based boost controller, something that none of the stand-alone ecus offer (Apex'i AVC-R does). FM's Track Dog runs a 2.0L stroked BP with a T3/T04E and puts down 350rwhp, go to Flying Miata.com to see their specs so you know what is needed. Cams are a big thing as well, HKS, TODA and JUN make cams but they are useless for FI applications, the best cams are the WebCam 505 grinds. 450fwhp isn't that hard if you have lots of money for all the crap you will break.<p>And I agree, timeslips and dyno charts are needed for this claim :shrug:
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

I can't say it any better than that. an 11 is not just a "put 400hp on the car and go", there is alot of learning to happen . are u going to run methanol for 30psi of boost or back fire al the way down the track. I would like to be positive but I want to hear results not speculation. but do what u want.
13.023 @ 105 mph
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

remember guys....the question was for the fastest "street legal" mx3. Is a 8 or 9 second MX3 still going to be street legal? Cuz Dave Lauziers MX3 @ 11 sec isn't. (he doesn't own it anymore BTW. I met the new owner and he said he has to have a permit to drive it to shows)<p>[ August 02, 2003: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</p>
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cjthor:
How are you going to deal with the traction issue?<hr></blockquote>
Any ideas guys?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Limited slip, Slicks, and wheelie bars would be a good start.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

How would wheelie bars help on a fwd? You still get massive wheel hop...or at least I do.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

BTW I have a vid of dave running an 8.55 @ 157.42MPH.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

that'd be cool to see, can you upload it on here Barry?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cjthor:
How would wheelie bars help on a fwd? You still get massive wheel hop...or at least I do.<hr></blockquote><p>When a fwd car launches, the rear end squats or lowers. By using wheelie bars, reducing this affect keeps the front wheels on the ground, and limiting the amount of squat in the rear. I'm sure you've seen some of the top fwd drag racers use these. It becomes neccesary when you have over 400hp.<p>The wheel hop issue can be cured by stiffer control arm bushings and engine mounts.<p>It may be possible to fine tune an adjustable suspension to help with traction, ie different spring rates and adjustable struts, making it stiffer in the rear.
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

fastest mx3 ever that was anywhere near street legal was mr.dave lauzier's bpt powered mx3....<p>11.13 @ 139 mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>still the fastest car in term of trap speed in the province of quebec.....and this run was done a few years ago....dave was running 11s 5 years ago!
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96
94mx3rsr

Post by 94mx3rsr »

and before 11.3 s....dave's car was still a street car by the way.....he still drove it around...it became a track car after that....because at 11.3 it had the interior....just read the sports compact car article!
Jean-Michel Basque
STOCK BPT @ 8.5PSI
3 RUNS ON THE 1/4 = 14.85 @ 96
chazzo

Post by chazzo »

Last year I raced abrand new audi 1.8T and ripped him up on a back road. I t may have helped that i live on that street but i still passed him doing over 125mph, on the wrong side of the road...oops
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hondah8r:
Last year I raced abrand new audi 1.8T and ripped him up on a back road. I t may have helped that i live on that street but i still passed him doing over 125mph, on the wrong side of the road...oops<hr></blockquote><p> :roll:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
BTW I have a vid of dave running an 8.55 @ 157.42MPH.<hr></blockquote><p>my correction, Marcos Alcosta....<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”