'92 MX-3 RS vs. '88 CRX Si

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Sean Mandell

Re: '92 MX-3 RS vs. '88 CRX Si

Post by Sean Mandell »

qwik and fast are two different things. why don't yall ask ferrari to make a light weight sports car? <P>maybe if you only plan on driving 1/4 mile races but if you want to red line your car you must balance the power to the weight of the car. I Know david could clear this one up.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curtklze:<BR><STRONG>With everything else being equal, your car will be 1/10 of a sec quicker for every 100 pounds you remove from your car. <P>This is a very old and well know racing fact.<P>[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: curtklze ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>This is a very old MYTH.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Ive stuck my head out the window going 100 mph before... does that count?<P>If i had slips to prove the thing about the weight being wrong i would all i can tell you is that it felt more of a diffrence than a 1/10th of a second =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”